Have stayed in this property 3 times over the past 2 years, the most recent over Easter 2007. Usually the property will match a discounted wotif rate, even if booked in advance. Stayed in a one bedroom apartment as well as a studio room (when staying in the 2 bedroom deluxe apartments, it is just a one bedroom apartment which connects with the studio room next door). Would recommend a one bedroom for a couple, if the rates at that time were not too elevated - the space is over twice as big, and you have the convenience of a full kitchen, lounge and dining area. The studio rooms are the size of an average hotel room with a microwave, fridge and toaster insitu.
- Cracking location - 1 min from the visitor centre/main street in Mgt River. You can walk out at night for dinner without the need for driving and taking out a roo. 3mins walk to Rotary park for forest trails to run/walk.
- Nice modern property.
- Small pool. communal BBQ - you can have a bbq brought to your ground floor balcony (but charge $20 as a cleaning fee)
- friendly and helpful reception staff.
- modern appliances, very comfortable beds, sky/cable channels.
- The housekeeping is not so great. Grubby floors and corners in rooms, some furniture that needs replacing/cleaning.
- Bathrooms that are not up to standard. Spa baths in the one bedroomed apartments are a nice touch, but not really a room to linger in - cold, badly ventilated (the fans when turned on are pretty deafening) and clinical.
Overall a good value apartment in the centre of town. (Rates vary 1-bed $180. 2-bed $380 in high season)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free WiFi, Free parking.Enjoy our perfect location in the town of Margaret River, on the edge of the natural forest with walk and bike trails on our border and shops, galleries, markets and restaurants on the other side of the road. Relax in a spacious studio hotel room or a one, two or three bedroom self contained apartment. All rooms are serviced daily and are well appointed, contemporary style with either forest or pool views. Take advantage of our free Wifi, free parking, Foxtel, gorgeous heated pool and tennis court. On offer are; conference facilities, lounge bar, pantry shopping service and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Expedia, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Darby Park Serviced Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.