“Nice location. Poor Service” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Darby Park Serviced Residences

You added Darby Park Serviced Residences to your Saves list
Darby Park Serviced Residences
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   Cnr Bussell Hwy and Tunbridge St, Margaret River, Western Australia 6285, Australia   |
Perth, Australia
“Nice location. Poor Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice location in the middle of Margaret River and secure complex.

Unfortunately like reviewer 'littlestock' below I stayed in September too and the service was poor. My ashtray outside was not empty during my 3 night stay. There was a moth on the floor for the whole time time. I had dropped a wrapper in the bathroom that wasn't picked up. These things alone didn't bother me too much but on night 2 I had a small lady accident during the night I left the sheets open so the housekeeper could change the sheets and this didn't happen so I had stained sheets for night 3. When I checked out and mentioned these items above to the receptionist the response I got was "well there is always something isn't there?"

There was no remote for the air conditioner and I just felt the place was on a budget drive to the detriment of the people stayed there.

I was due to stay 3 nights the following week and I cancelled and stayed at Margaret River Beach Resort which was much nicer, great view and service.

I am not interested in any excuses or response from management that can now fix my experience. They lost business the following week and I wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: Choose another resort.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Tsosti, General Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Hi Ashley,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at Darby Park. I'm sure you have seen from previous responses I personally was away on annual leave so am grateful to guests like yourself who have given me an insight into what happened in September.
I agree that the housekeeping standards wre certainly not up to a 4.5 star and am extremely disappointed that the staff did not attend to your needs. The response from the receptionist on check out is totally unacceptable and I will be investigating this further.

I know you are not wanting an excuse or response from mangement but I do feel I owe you an apology on behalf of the staff.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We were greeted by a cheery and friendly lady in reception who was very helpful and answered all of our questions. Security parking behind gates is always an excellent feature and the apartments were perfect. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment that looked onto a very peaceful grassed area. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Perhaps request a ground floor apartment if you have luggage that you don't want to carry upstai...
Dear Crystal,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It is always pleasing to know that we have met our guests expectations and that you enjoyed all the facilities.

As we use these reviews to benchmark our standards with our staff,it is useful to have constructive and positive feedback.

On behalf of the staff and myself, I look forward to welcoming you back to Darby Park in the not too distant future.
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I agree with all the other reviewers - great location in town - if you want to stay in town.

The good:
the staff - so friendly and helpful;
the room size - we were in a studio and it was a standard room with a balcony (we saw a 1 bed and it was large);
the location - perfect if you want to walk to dinner in town (none of the wineries are open for dinner, just lunch);
they had crockery, cutlery and a microwave if you wanted to eat in
rooms were modern and up to date
everything worked perfectly (so nice when you travel)

The bad:
the rooms share a doorway with other rooms unless you book a two bed apartment, so every door entry has a studio and 1 bed apartment. It's quite noisy when the other rooms arrive and leave. The doors don't close lightly (even if you try really hard), and it often feels like someone is entering your room even if they are going next door.

the weekends are busy, and if you're outside you can hear what everyone is saying on their balcony

So really the bads are not too bad and I would stay here again for the convenience and location

Room Tip: Try not to stay on the main highway
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor, I always welcome feedback and do take on board the comments that are made.

I do understand what you are saying about the external & internal doors in the shared foyer, as the doors are fire rated they are extremely heavy, hence the "slam" when they do shut, and as you pointed out there is noway to make the noise quiter. We are investigating ways of trying to soundproof the foyers.

I am pleased to hear that the staff and facilities were up to our 4.5 star standard, and look forward to welcoming you and your guests back to Darby Park.
Wellington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Convenient and quiet location, lots of secure parking. Friendly staff. Big, clean room with everything you need. Access to a heated swimming pool and a BBQ for summer evenings. Only downside was the smoke alarms going off in the morning as everyone made their toast!

Hi Fran

Thank you for your constructive review of Darby Park, we definitely have a great location and the added bonius of a quiet property even though we are right in the heart of the town..

I have noted your comments about the smoke alarms and have had the electrician replace the detectors in that block.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I have stayed before and found the hotel extremely professional. The staff go out of the way to make you feel special. This time I chose to book a breakfast, it was delivered whilst I was out into my fridge and for $12.50 exceptional value.

Room Tip: All good rooms however down stairs away from the noise of the pool probably best
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Hi Arlene

Thank you for your review, as mentioned in previous responses we do use these reviews as a benchmarking tool, so it is very encouraging for the staff to see that they have met our customers expectations.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the not too distant future
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The hotel is just across the street from the Margaret River Visitor Centre! It is also within walking distance to the supermarket and restaurants. You can also charge your bills to your room using your room key when you are at the restaurants across the street! How cool is that? Our room is on the ground floor which opens out to the beautiful garden/forest at the back. During the night, you can sit at the veranda and gaze at the thousands of stars in the beautiful night sky. Gorgeous place! Complimentary parking in a fenced security compound but wifi/internet is chargeable.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Jasmine

Thank you for posting your review on Tripadvisor, our location in the heart of the town is definitely a great selling point and I am pleased that you made use of the charge back facilities. The property is so quiet and peaceful you really can feel lkie you are in a forest in the middle of nowhere.

I do hope that you will return to Darby Park and the Margaret River region soon
Lahaina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This is the second time I have stayed and it is a really nice place in a very good location as it is right in town, so easy walking around, across the road from the visitors centre where lots of pickups are based for wine tours etc.

Staff were very friendly and accommodating - secure car parking, nice bush setting, one would not know that they are in town as its very quiet.

Room Tip: there are plenty of different types of rooms to choose from. I probably would not get a room near th...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for you review on Tripadvisor, wonderful to see return guests in the Margaret River region.

I hear what you are saying about the children in the pool, there are rooms in A, B & E block that will ensure you can have a peaceful afternoon nap.

Look forward to welcoming you back again

Been to Darby Park Serviced Residences? Share your experiences!