“Perfect location. Very good apartment. Surly staff.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Darby Park Serviced Residences

Save Saved
You added Darby Park Serviced Residences to your Saves list
Darby Park Serviced Residences
4.5 of 5 Condominium   |   Cnr Bussell Hwy and Tunbridge St, Margaret River, Western Australia 6285, Australia   |
Special Offer
$160 & Free breakfast
Asia, Peru
“Perfect location. Very good apartment. Surly staff.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

LOCATION: Excellent location close to all amenities. Free car park in a gated area.

HOTEL: Unwelcoming front-desk staff provided fast check-in. Spacious two-bedroom apartment. Clean and functional. Low shower water pressure. Loud exhaust fan in the bathroom. Good beds and pillows.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Tsosti, General Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this review, May 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I am surprised to see that the staff on front desk were not friendly, please could I ask you to drop me a line via email telling me which day you checked in and which apartment so that I can further investigate who was on duty. My email address is managermr@darbypark.com.au. We are participating in a Water Wise conservation program which has altered the water pressure slightly but I will look into this issue as well.

On behalf of the management and staff I do apologises that your check in was not up to standard.

199 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012

The DarbyPark is located at the bottom of the main street in Margaret River and the access is very good. Check in was very smooth and pleasant. Our room was a one bedroom apartment the balcony with table and chairs overlooked the forest and tne kitchen window overlooked the heated pool.
The bedroom was very nice with a large flat screen TV, the lounge also has a large flat screen TV and a sofa (which was a little bit grubby) plus two armchairs. The kitchen had a dishwasher which is great, the batroom had a spa bath and shower in the bath. Plus washer and dryer which was great.

Check out was quick but I was surprised not to be asked if I had enjoyed our two night stay.

Only negatives the rubbish bin in the bathroom had not been emptied from the previous guests on the first day and no tea towels on the first day so when I used a cup and saucer I had nothing to dry them. Also I am 5 feet 1 inch tall and yes I know I'm short but I couldn't reach the cereal bowls without using a chair.

As we stayed in May there was no noise at all the grounds are beautifully kept and there is a security gate at the entrance guests use a keycard to access and park your car inside really great.

I was very impressed overall

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the forest are the best we were upstairs with a balcony really lovely
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, I always value constructive feedback. As I have mentioned in previous replies we do use these feedback reviews as a bench mark tool with our staff. I am disappointed to hear that housekeeping hadn't completed their task correctly before your check in, definitely a point that will be raised with the housekeeping supervisor.
I have taken on board your issue with the cereal bowls being too high up, will look at ways of overcoming this.

I do agree that the rooms with the forest view are the most pleasant and if you visit when the wild flower season is on, the forest floor is a mass of colour - a great reason for a return visit.

On behalf of the management & staff we look forward to welcoming you back to Darby Park Margaret River.
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

For $220 per night over Easter we got a hotel room which had a nice balcony with a view over the gardens and a small bathroom. It was comfortably appointed and clean. Bed was awesome. Nice reception area with fresh green apples. Secure complex. Bit of a party place but nothing too disturbing. Room number #10 shares a security access door with room number 9. Occupants in #9 slammed that big heavy door every time they went in and out - day and night. So the poor rating for sleep quality does not reflect on the property. We also heard all their conversations with their grandkids. Shhhhhhh! But hey you can't choose your neighbours. I would say $5.00 for half an hour on the internet. Are you kidding? As a business if you have to charge guests that much to pay off your broadband you need to change providers. Next time I would choose an apartment. They looked really appealing and roomier.

Room Tip: Choose a room next to people who know how to live in close proximity to others.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Tsosti, General Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this review, April 24, 2012
Thank you for your review, I do understand your issue with the external doors leading into the common foyer area...they are fire rtaed doors which need to be heavy and close securely.
As you said if the occupants next door just assisted the door there would not be the slamming effect.
With regard to the internet charges we are in negoiations with our provider to come up with a more attractive package, were you aware that the 24 hour option is only $12.50?
We look forward to welcoming you back to the property and may I suggest that you look at taking up a 3 for 2 (stay for 3 nights and only pay for 2) deal in the apartment ensuring that you have more time to explore this wonderful region.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for three nights, booking this accommodation at the last minute. We were really impressed by the rooms & the grounds. It was also fantastic to be in walking distance to the restaurants & shops of the Margaret river township.

The only issue we had was that our apartment was not serviced on our second day there. Didn't really bother us, just thought it was funny given the place is called Darby park serviced apartments!

We were very grateful to the receptionist who looked after our purchased wine for mail collection after we checked out to catch a flight home.

We would be happy to stay here again if we return to the area.

• Stayed April 2012
Tsosti, General Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, it is always encouraging to know that we constantly meet our customers needs. The reason your room wasn't serviced on the second day was because you had booked a "reduced rate" package, which stipulates "no servicing"
On behalf of the staff and myself we look forward to welcoming you back to Darby Park Margaret River.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

I've stayed in Margaret River a few times now. The first time was in a family members home, and subsequently in an apartment on the main street, right opposite the Settlers tavern. This residence is no more than 5 minutes walk from the other apartment but could not be more different.

For starters, you are not woken up every morning by the leaf blower at Settlers/IGA. When you get into the apartment, everything you need is there. A coffee plunger for those of us who won't touch instant is a nice addition. Foxtel, including sports for the men. An iPod docking station, two flat screen televisions, a good sized fridge and all the other amenities you'd generally expect.

We stayed in a ground floor apartment and there were great views of the forest, especially at sunset. As a bit of an amateur photographer this was a highlight. As were the two friendly rabbits running around the gardens.

We didn't venture into the pool as we didn't bring any bathers with us, but gladly would have done if we'd thought of them.

The apartment is within walking distance to the local shops, the main street is 5 mins walk with all the great things that Margaret River offers. And there are lots!!! of wineries within driving distance.

Compared to the apartment we used to use I honestly cannot recommend this one highly enough and when asked by overseas visitors where to stay in MR I'll be telling them to spend that little bit extra for the morning tranquility.

Room Tip: We had downstairs apartments, better for photos.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Tsosti, General Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this review, April 15, 2012
Thank you for your affirmative feedback, it is always satisfiying knowing that we have met your expectations. Like you, I do believe that one of our greatest assests is the fact that we are so close to town but down have the "town noises" when you are in the apartments.

The two rabbits have taken up residence and were a great hit over the Easter period but the gardener is not as happy about them as we all are.

On behalf of the team and myself, we look forward to welcoming back to Darby Park.
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

We were very relieved to have found such a nice place after our planned stay at a house on Redgate Beach was burnt by bushfires. It is a very upmarket modern apartment development but it is not overpriced. What we liked most was the spaciousness of the reception block and the accommodation. The interior fittings are modern and very comprehensive including a nice lounge and bedroom (each with flat screen TVs) and a full kitchen. There is ample car parking.
We were given a pleasant apartment overlooking woodland. Though you are right in the centre of Margaret River just across the road from the shops and restaurants, we found it a quiet oasis.
The only problem is that the best restaurant in town “Waves” is right at the other end of the main street but you at least you can walk your meal off!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Tsosti, General Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this review, March 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review, it is always rewarding knowing that we have maintained our 4.5 star standards and that you have enjoyed your stay with the property.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the property.
Regards
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I stayed in a studio room with a friend over the weekend and we enjoyed our time here. There was a lovely view of the forest from our courtyard, and a pool complete with sunbeds and umbrellas (though we were too busy wining and dining and beaching to enjoy it).

There were a couple of issues during our stay but the staff made up for these by offering us a couple of bottles of wine and a lovely cheese and nibbles platter. We chose to stay rather than go elsewhere because we liked the room and the staff didn't have the 'too bad so sad' attitude regarding the issues that came up that some places might have had.

I haven't seen the apartments but the studio room was very clean and comfortable with a modern style bathroom, iron/ironing board, small fridge, microwave, crockery, cutlery and glassware, flat screen TV, reverse cycle A/C, small table with 2 chairs outside on the patio/courtyard.

We felt the price was good value for money, and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. It's in a great location, right near the main street and walking distance from many restaurants and bars/pubs.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Tsosti, General Manager at Darby Park Serviced Residences, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we always value feedback. I am pleased that we were about to iron out your "issues" and that you didn't feel the need to more to another establishment. As I have commented before these reviews are used as bench marks for staff so I will be sharing your comments & feedback with the team.
On behalf of the team and myself we look forward to welcoming you back to Margaret River as there is so much to explore in the region. may I suggest that you take up our 3 for 2 deal and stay in one of the apartments on your next visit.
Regards

Been to Darby Park Serviced Residences? Share your experiences!