“Rubbish” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Drummond Cove Holiday Park

Drummond Cove Holiday Park
You added Drummond Cove Holiday Park to your Saves list
Drummond Cove Holiday Park
3.5 of 5 Cabin/Campground   |   North West Coastal Highway, Geraldton, Western Australia 6530, Australia   |
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

We stayed at this 'holiday' park over the easter long weekend, It was RUBBISH!

We arrived good Friday in the afternoon to be greeted by a hostile grumpy old man that showed us to our sites. we had booked and paid for three sites and told them at the time of booking we had a camper trailer. we were shown to our site that was big enough for possibly 2, three man tents. if you were lucky. We were unable to fit in this area and argued the point that this wasn't big enough for us. the grumpy old man said well try and set up and see. Great conflict resolution skills. We physically could not fit in the area so we complained and finally were moved to a bigger ares. To the Irish group that got put on our site for 3 tents and paid for 4....you should have gotten a refund. We had no power. if I'm paying for 3 powered sites i want three power boxes. I didn't even get one power box! We ran power from another site 15m away with our own extension cord as the grumpy old man failed to provide us with power. we created a trip hazard and an electrical hazard as we used power boards and further extension cords within our three sites to power all of our tents.

this wasn't the only problem.

Bathrooms - now I don't expect luxury when I'm paying 35 dollars a night but they were filthy! Pure Filth. They were not cleaned every day over a long weekend which the park was at full capacity. they had shower curtains in each shower that reeked.

Rubbish - The rubbish was not cleared over the long weekend thus rodents being attracted to the area. the bins were over full and smelly.

The beach was a 25 minute walk.

The only plus that this place has is the amazing view of sunset.

this place was beyond awful. wont be back. ever.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Bull Creek WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Difficult for us to book accommodation as my son is in an electric wheelchair and he has a companion dog. Drummond Cove Holiday Park ticked all the boxes so off we went from Perth to Geraldton; long drive but worth it when we got there. Anne has reserved us a large park home with a good living area for the wheelchair and there is a disabled shower block. There was a small step into the accommodation and magically Dave knocked up a proper ramp so my son had no problem getting in and out. The park was very busy and lots of fun with socialising into the late hours. Sunsets are magical! Only problem seems to be the noise of the trucks on the highway. We will return one day...

Room Tip: At the back of the park with ocean views!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed in many campsites in my time, and NEVER have I come across such rude operators as these guys. We booked for the Easter weekend way in advance for 4 powered camp sites (7 people). The owners have a no refund policy which was fine with us, however when booking INSISTED on everyone's name and phone number who was attending in the group - very odd. They also argued that they wanted everyone to pay individually for their tent site and I had to argue heavily for them to accept one credit card for the whole booking - odd mannerisms.
I phoned the campsite to find out what time Reception closed as we were running a bit behind, advised 7pm, which was no problem and I advised we would be there by 6.30 at the latest. I was told to HURRY UP? Excuse me? If we are there before closing and have paid in front for all nights and all sites, what is the problem.
We arrived at 6.30pm with a hostile reception, and shown to our supposed 4 sites - which were so small there was no way 4 tents would fit on it (had we brought 4). Luckily we had one large tent to share and one small one, and it just squeezed. There was no power, so we went and advised management of this - they said the guy would be back shortly to run an extension cord for us - needless to say he did not come back. (Luckily we had a huge extension cord and sorted this out ourselves the next day).
In the bathrooms there are 4 showers and 4 toilets which are bulk standard condition, they were not cleaned everyday over the weekend which was disappointing due to the park bring full.
The view is amazing, but this place is not on the beach as you may think from the photos - it is a very long walk.
The kitchen has a bbq and a toaster, but no kettle (we went and bought one from IGA), so ensure you pack one!
On the last morning, the gas ran out on the BBQ, so I went and advised the owners of this - 30 minutes+ later this was replaced. Unfortunately for them the water also ran out (or was possibly turned off to save their water bill), and there were no showers, no flushing toilets from about 8am onwards. I advised the lady of this when she came back with the gas bottle and she denied all knowledge - no one has told me?! - Hello - I am telling you now (am I not?)
She was arguing with me that it was absolutely impossible for there to be no water until she went and tried to turn the tap on, then there was silence from her.
My friend went and politely asked if it was OK to use the pool (just for a quick dip to refresh) and was advised she could as long as she did not pee in the pool. Note to owners - do not tell a 28 year old woman not to pee in the pool - honestly, are you for real? Insulting.
On another note, the rubbish was not emptied daily and due to Easter and the number of people (and lack of bins) these were heavily overflowing creating a number of flies in the kitchen area. Again we did mention this to the owners who advised they had told staff to ensure this was done daily - it seems they do very little themselves in this park.
If this has new management would give it another go as it is a great location and beautiful view, but sadly that is all. We checked out, and that was the best part of this campsite - see you again - NOT.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Rang up nd booked in told them the day and date I was staying nd payed over phone, didn't receive a confirmation nd when I got there they had booked me in 2 days earlier nd told me it must have been my fault and also they wrote my email incorrectly so I never relieved the confirmation. I was booked for a powered site nd they had 4 side by side with 1 power source for all 4 sites in the middle of no 2 n 3 so unless u had an extra long extension u could not use power in the end 2 sites nd they put me in the 1 furtherest away with no 1 else near me. I realise mistakes happen but own up to them don't blame the customer for ur mistake. If u book with them make them repeate it back to you!

• Stayed March 2013
Pilbara
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were only passing thru Geraldton and I thought this sounded like a good spot with beach access so we could stretch our legs before the next part of our trip. The holiday park is not really as lively as it appears on the net, there were no other children and seems set up for permanents more so than tourists. Firstly we booked on wotif for 2 adults 1 child (seeing 1 child at 13 according to wotif is classed an adult) but was informed on arrival I needed to pay an extra $30 for the extra child despite the fact that there was only myself and the 2 kids! Was told it was either that or lose my booking AND my payment. Bit distressing at the time. We were given a cabin with sea views which seemed to have once been an old couple's home, right down to garden shed with fishing rod and very old furniture, the lounge might have been 30 years old. We felt like we were intruding on someone's property. It is about 15 minutes out of town and was not aware there was a supermarket 5 minutes drive away. We did not attempt the beach as we could't work out how to get down there. No directions were given on arrival to beach, supermarket etc and did not feel that we could go back and ask for help. Was not impressed with the entrance/exit being situated on the crest on the NW Coastal Highway, so pulling back out into mainstream traffic is doing so at your own risk. Only one aircon in the living area which we had to rely on at night, having to keep windows closed at night for security, blinds were all broken. Given used "chux" for dish washing. My kids called it the nanna's house, couldn't wait to get out the next morning. The pool and the aviary were very nice.

Room Tip: My experience here made me think it is better perhaps to ring a place direct and discuss their facil...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Devon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We booked through a website last minute over the Oz day weekend when there was not much availability of accommodation. Arriving late evening the first impression was of the sun, sinking behind the dunes and the sea. Keys awaiting us and good instructions of where our cabin was - facing the sunset with an unimpeded view. Decking in front with chairs to sit and watch the sun go down with a drink - what else does one want. OK this is not luxury. The cabin was spacious, A/C efficient, the decor a little tired but we had all we needed for self catering - there was a double bedroom. plenty of wardrobe space if you unpack, and there was a triple bunk in the passage between bedroom and lounge/kitchen area for those with children. Each cabin has its own hot water supply and there was plenty of it. I did hear one family complain that things didn't work - but it transpired they had not bothered to go to reception and let the staff know - people who expect everything on a plate should not stay in holiday parks but book into 4and 5 star hotels. We had a kettle blow on the second day - no problem with the breakfast cuppa, there was a hob and a microwave. As soon as reception opened we were given a new kettle, and the staff / owners were very friendly and helpful.
European travelers could do no better in the Geraldton area. There is a short walk to the beach, down through some scrub, across a flat paddock area then up over the dunes, to a lovely beach that extends down to Drummond Cove south and around small points onwards up north. There is a supermarket about 5 minutes drive away and Geraldton has several worthwhile sites to visit. The information centre is particularly good and the staff very informative. This site makes a good base if you are exploring the area or just stopping over whilst exploring to the north of Perth

Room Tip: Ask for one of the cabins facing the sea on the beach side of the site
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Stayed at the caravan park over Xmas. According to the website the camp locations were grassed and well maintained. Yeah right!!! We arrived on a hot day to a red dirt caravan park with no grass at all. The red dirt was roasting hot, dusty everywhere. To top it off we were put near a bird Avery that they had in the park which was huge. This ment mice everywhere at night crawling through our tent and 4am wake ups when the 20 or so birds started churping. I love birds and nature but after being out all day in the sun a good sleep would have been nice. The caravan park was also located right on the main road the trucks passing by were so loud all the time. The bathrooms were mouldy and dirty, and shop there is a absolute rip off. We had enough. The website lies..dont even bother staying just keep driving.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Drummond Cove Holiday Park? Share your experiences!