“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Geraldton
Kirchberg BE, Schweiz
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

New resort with lovely and modern apartments. Quiet, clean, modern. TV, iPod docking station, stereo system, combined washing machine/ dryer, huge bathroom. Pool and secure parking provided. A great place to stay. Close to beach and shops.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Positive aspects include nice rooms. Front desk staff good. Good pool and amenities. Negative are that the car parking spots are very tight, the fridge in studios are very noisy which makings sleeping difficult and slightly out of town.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

I was recently booked in here for one night and after the welcoming I received I was thankful it was only for one night. Upond entering reception I was greeted by an arrogant young man who promptly informed me that check in time was 2pm, this was at 1.40pm. When I did not hear him the first time he rolled his eyes,tutted and told me again to come back after 2pm. Thankfully when I returned after 2pm he was not there and I was finally greeted in a welcoming manner by another receptionist. Other then the arrogance of the young man the rooms
were comfortable, very well self appointed and clean. However thanks to the "warm welcome" I received I will not
be returning here.

• Stayed January 2013
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Recently stayed here for one night ,room was very clean with modern decor and all amenities provided- excellent bathroom and shower ,very comfortable beds,quiet efficient air conditioner and added security with gate at entrance. Also great to have car park right near room doors- friendly staff at check in and out, will definitely stay here again when visiting the area and highly recommend to others. Great value.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stayed two nights in a one bedroom apartment. The room was clean, good size and comfortable,close to town. The kids had the sofabed which was good for them. The pool was great, we had a few friends join us for a bbq. The kitchen is very basic but had the most important things - fridge, microwave, toaster, crockery and cultlery etc. Would definetly stay again and recommend for a family stay in Geraldton.
Although I have said average for value we paid $175pn (I think this was a prviate owned apartment) I find it hard to justify this amount money for a nights accomodation for any family if it had been anymore we most likely would not have had the weekend away. That is pretty much what you pay anywhere in WA.
Agree with other reviews that the pillows were too high and would take my own next time nut bed was comfy. Also be careful the glass on the inside dining and coffee table is not secured and slides off easy!
My husband reguraly goes to Geraldton for work and has stayed here a few times now - one thing he dislikes is the tv is in the main area only and when by himself would rather lay in bed watching tv.

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are easier access especially to the pool but noise of people upstairs walking, door...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We recently stayed for 1 night as hubby had to go to Geraldton for work. There were 3 of us, so our teenage daughter got the fold out couch in the living area and we had the bedroom. The bed was comfy enough, but the pillows were terrible. I have stayed in many places before, but this is the 1st time I have not been able to sleep using the pillow provided. It was HUGE. I ended up getting rid of it and sleeping without one, which then made it a very uncomfortable and restless night! (shame I hadn't read the reviews on here before hand and taken my own)
The actual accommodation was nice enough. Mind you, saying this, once the couch was made into a bed there was only one other comfortable chair to sit on, and very little room to move around it, if wanting to go out into the patio area. Next time we would request a larger apartment with 2 bedrooms.
The bathroom was large with a twin shower, vanity, toilet and the usual toiletries. The kitchen had the basics if you planned to self-cater. There was a table and chairs for eating at. And a small desk alcove in the bedroom with a modem plug for your PC. To me this is a rather out-dated way of connecting to the internet, and there were charges involved, but I’m not sure of costs as we didn’t use it.
The apartment was modern, with aircon & heating. The décor was a bit bland, but not unattractive.
Location wise, it was a fair way out of town if you don’t have transport. We chose to stay around the pool area as hubby was off at work with the car. The pool area is very nice, with a large, heated spa, sun beds and shade.
In the evening, hubby had to go out to dinner with his work so my daughter and I ate at the tavern/pub “Lattitude 28” which is connected to the complex. (I’m not sure if they are affiliated?) I found the menu a bit hit & miss, and overpriced for pub food that was of very average nature. The steak at $30.00 came with mash potato, but if you wanted veg or salad you had to buy that separate.
Would I stay here again? Yes, but in a larger room and I would be more prepared with snacks/drinks as nothing close by to buy things from.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We were upgraded from a 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom so ended up with a good deal of room. Everything was clean and modern and funtioning well. As others have reported the pillows were too stuffed and not comfortable. The beds were superb. Staff excellent although we only saw them at check in and out.
We ate at the restaurant in front of the resort and while the meal was fine we had to wait 45 minutes for it to appear. It seems to be geared up for younger people as far as the music goes and we would not visit it again.
We would come back to the Broadwater Resort again as could not be more happy with it.

Room Tip: We looked out on the ocean and had a balcony so ideal.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Broadwater Mariner Resort? Share your experiences!