“Not what I thought” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Discovery Holiday Parks - Bunbury

Save Saved
You added Discovery Holiday Parks - Bunbury to your Saves list
Discovery Holiday Parks - Bunbury
Cnr Bussell Hwy and Washington Ave, Bunbury, Western Australia 6230, Australia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
$99/night +Kids Stay Free
Darwin, Northern Territory, Australia
“Not what I thought”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Very old and cold nothing like the photo. The floor was so dirty we had to keep our shoes on! Diffenly needs a up grade and the beds up stairs were a bit scary to get to. It was like staying in a cubby house. I wouldn't go again waste of money.

Room Tip: Just don't go till they up grade
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
DiscoveryHolidayPark, Manager at Discovery Holiday Parks - Bunbury, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Hi Megan D, thanks for taking the time to review our park. We appreciate all feedback and use it to improve and develop our products and services.

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Six of us stayed at Discovery Holiday Parks for two nights in May 2013. This was the weekend of a local music festival so the rates were higher and each person was expected to pay a $200 cash bond- which is fine. We hired one of the Superior Austrian chalets.

The chalet itself was clean and well kept. Rates were higher due to the festival. Location was perfect for the festival but a little away from the main town (shops etc). It is easy to get to in a car.

The staff were rude. I understand that they would have been under a lot of pressure with so many people checking in the night before the music festival... but a smile goes along way. We also received the same poor service on the Sunday when we were leaving.

The rudeness of the staff have put me off staying here again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
DiscoveryHolidayPark, Manager at Discovery Holiday Parks - Bunbury, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We value all feedback both positive and negative and are always striving to improve on the products and services we provide to our guests. Should you like to discuss any particular aspect of your stay with us please feel free to contact us direct on customerfeedback@discoveryparks.com.au
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Really disappointed after 2 nights stay in the swiss chalets the walls where thin so we had no sleep.
Bed was really hard so it very difficult to be able to get a good nights sleep. Bring you own blanket as the thin dona wont keep you warm.
Koisk was disappointing comprised of about 5 bare shelves with hardly any food bring your own coffee ,tea, sugar and milk.
Shower floor is pvc is a real safety concern as almost feel over walking into, be an idea to put a mat on the bottom of the shower for own safety.
Furniture was water damaged, which gave me the impression leaks evident this will explain the musky smell.Room was reasonably clean, receptionist lady was so grumpy which really the stay even more unpleasant.
Lets not forget the air con which turns off by itself and only if your standing under it will it keep you cool.
We previously stayed at the Ocean beach motel for 105 per night which was cheaper across the road from the beach with a great nights sleep and the receptionist was really nice wished we could get a refund from the discovery park .

Room Tip: more suited for families with kids as lots of noise all hours of the nights
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
koo8882, Manager at Discovery Holiday Parks - Bunbury, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate the time you have taken to outline the areas for improvement. All feedback from our guests is important to us, should you like to further discuss any particular areas of concern with us please feel free to contact us direct on customerfeedback@discoveryparks.com.au
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have just returned home from our much-awaited Easter break in a Chalet at Discovery Park. We were so disappointed. The room smelled very musty on arriving, and at first glance it wasn't very clean. The bathroom and kitchen were not as clean as they should have been, and I'm very doubtful about the linen on one of the beds. We soon discovered that the musty smell was mice. At night they just took over the kitchen area of the Chalet. It was really terrible - I couldn't sleep, just lying in bed and listening to that terrible noise. We came home feeling that everything was dirty and needed a good clean - which is what we're now in the process of doing. I would not stay there again, and certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone. Pity, because they provided excellent entertainment in the Park, especially for kids.

Room Tip: If you do stay there, don't choose the 5-berth Chalets (which is what we had). I don't know...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We value your feedback and you can be assured that we have followed up on your comments with our team and all measures have been taken to eradicate the issue. Please feel free to contact us direct on customerfeedback@discoveryparks.com.au should you wish to discuss your comments further.
Mandurah, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

This would have to be the worst place I've ever stayed (and I've traveled through Africa). The A-frame chalet was absolutely crawling with mice. The room was not clean - the counter tops and table were slimy and there was mold on the stovetop and in the shower. At night I lay awake (with my young baby in the portacot next to my bed) and listened to the mice take over the kitchen. It was absolutely disgusting. I was supposed to stay for 3 nights but left early as I couldn't take it anymore. When I booked out I asked for a refund for the nights that I hadn't stayed, and was refused. Apparently the staff know about the mice and think it's fine. The Health Department should shut them down!

Room Tip: Don't... just don't.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Discovery on Bussel highway in Bunbury hoping for a comfortable, home away from home. When I arrived to check in, I was approached by a woman who seemed very nice but just hit me with a mountain of info in 30 seconds. Blah, blah, blah, sign this do this.
Headed to our chalet, the park seemed friendly and relatively clean.
Opened the door and had a look around. There were dirty kitchen doors, sand on the floors. The rooms however where tidy and there was plenty of linen etc to make it comfortable. There was a kettle, some cookies etc which was nice.
I personally wouldn't go back. I like a clean chalet for the price I paid and I thought it was very over priced for what it offered. I was meant to be a superior chalet. Don't know what made it superior.

• Stayed January 2013
koo8882, Manager at Discovery Holiday Parks - Bunbury, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We value your feedback and you can be assured that we will be following up on your comments with our team. Please feel free to contact us direct on customerfeedback@discoveryparks.com.au should you wish to discuss your comments further.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Thought might be fun for kids to stay in a Swiss chalet, something different, they where comfortable, clean tho the sheets had sand in them when we first pulled them back so felt dirty even tho they may have even clean. Couldn't get comfortable coz pillow where not comfortable at all. The reception lady was abit of a grump, but on up side there's alot to do in the park for kids. They had fun.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Discovery Holiday Parks - Bunbury? Share your experiences!