“Great bistro-style food” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Great bistro-style food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

Another visit to the Eaton Tavern for lunch... Four of us this time. I had the steak burger again (this time it had Turkish bread, and a thinner steak, but was chock-full of goodies, including egg and bacon); others had the lamb shank, Kilkenny pie, and the grilled fish of the day. All big serves, all reasonably priced, all tasted good.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Very hit and miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Been here a few times and find the inconsistencies a bit frustrating. The first time I ordered the soup it was lovely and a generous serve. The following week I ordered the soup again and the serving was at least half the size. I have also ordered the entree of creamy garlic prawns which was lovely. Two weeks later I ordered the same dish but as a main. The main serving had extra prawns but that was it. Not enough rice at all with the main, however the rice was completely cold anyway and mashed so tightly ( and turned onto the plate) that it was just mush. I didn't enjoy it at all and left most of it. The waitress came to take our plates and even though I'd left most of it she didn't ask if we enjoyed our meals. We left disappointed and haven't returned since. It could be a great place to eat, if only they were consistant.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bunbury, Australia
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

We have been to the Eaton Tavern on four occasions and have found the food is excellent ,the staff to be friendly and courteous the price is value for money as the tavern gets busy you will have to book but it well worth it , we shall be going back

Visited March 2014
Bunbury, Australia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Went for a family lunch. Ordered Chicken Parma. Wrong move. The Parma was one of those frozen processed ones which had been thrown in the microwave with a tasteless sloppy sauce and a sprinkle of store brought grated cheese. Fortunately the rest of my table enjoyed their meals.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Consistently good food for a reasonable price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Since our last visit to the Eaton Tavern in December 2013, we've been back at least twice more.

The food is consistently good, with BIG serves, and for a reasonable price. I've had the steak burger both times, and it's been excellent. Unlike my first experience with their steak sandwich, which was not good, these more recent ones have been made with excellent quality steak (I think it's a scotch fillet), nice and thick and full of flavour, and the bun has been crispy on the outside and solid enough to hold everything together, without being stodgy like the original Turkish break bun of the first steak sandwich I had here.

These burgers have been choc-a-bloc full of flavoursome food -- soft, caramelised onions, beetroot (of course!), salad greens, cheese, tomato etc. Even cut in half, you need both hands to eat it. A decent sized side of chips comes with it and a side salad, all for $17.

My husband has had the Kilkenny Pie ($22) each time, and loves it. Again, it's a big serve, with a big serve of chips and a side salad.

• Visited January 2014