“Could benefit from an upgrade but still has much to offer!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Hotel Lord Forrest

Save Saved
You added Quality Hotel Lord Forrest to your Saves list
Quality Hotel Lord Forrest
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   20 Symmons St., Bunbury, Western Australia 6230, Australia   |
Ranked #4 of 9 hotels in Bunbury
Perth, Australia
“Could benefit from an upgrade but still has much to offer!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I recently had a weekend stay here and thought the hotel was very good value for money. The rate was only $150 even on the weekend, and whereelse can you pay that price and get ocean views? The room was spacious, and although a little 90's, clean and tidy and everything was still in working order. The bed was very comfortable too.

I would maybe look at upgrading the shower heads as I felt that they were not powerful enough and this is something that wouldn't be too costly to change but would make quite a big difference.

Other than that, I loved the grand atrium that incorporates a heated indoor pool and spa and pool table, as well as a restuarant and bar which looked very good. I will definitely have to try the food out from their next time, however, due to the hotel's great location, we chose to venture down onto the fine restaurant and cafe strip for our meals.

Staff were very friendly, cheerful and efficient.

Overall I had a great stay thanks to this welcoming hotel and it has made me want to visit Bunbury again soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Christina M, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lord Forrest, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
We so appreciate the time that you took to write your encouraging review. We pride ourselves the value for money, our professionalism and level of service, and your endorsement of the efforts of our staff is wonderful.

Our central location, in the middle of the restaurant and cafe strip definitely creates a problem when trying to decide where to eat.....

We have put water saving heads on our showers as have many hotels, due to to ongoing issues of water restrictions and hope that you do understand. As we refurbish in hotel in the coming years this will be an area that we will address.

You certainly appear to have enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Thank you again and warm wishes from the Management Team.

157 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Cowcowing Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

First visited here nearly 20 years ago, and not much has changed since I was there a couple of weeks ago. Look, there is nothing wrong with this place at all.Great location, rooms are good and the restraunt meals are OK. It just LOOKS like nothing much has been done to it over the years...it is still the same as when I firest went there. It is certainly not run down.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony, the higher up the better the view!!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, we often hear from guests when checking in that they were here when it first opened all those years ago.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back next time you are in Bunbury.
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

The hotel is in a nice location and very close to Bunbury's CBD with lots of cafe's and some shops. It is also within walking distance to Coles supermarket and cinema.

Staff was accommodating and checking in and out was not a problem. There's a guest laundry room in the hotel which is useful for people staying for long periods.

Room is big and tv channel selections was not bad. The bathroom of our room has a bathtub in it.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
acm69, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lord Forrest, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you for you honest review, we are very slowly updating our hotel. The hotel is in a great location, close to the beach and shopping area. Our staff are wonderful and pride themselves on the level of service that they give and love reading the reviews. I'm very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
perth west australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I have stayed here a few times over the years and yes she is getting a bit long in the tooth but still she is worth a stay.My wife, brother and his wife stayed at the Lord Forrest a few months ago for a weekend and loved every minute of it. The rooms were lovely had a nice view of the City across to the ocean. The staff are helpful and the Steak was to die for. It is the best situated hotel in Bunbury although the Rose and Crown is probably as well situated but not quite as up market as the Lord Forrest. The Lord Forrest is good walking distance to Cafe's and restaraunts. All in all a really good place to stay. Would defiantly stay again. I would happily reccomend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
CMRED69, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lord Forrest, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your kind words, I'm glad your family had an enjoyable time at the Hotel and that you enjoyed your meal in Alexander's Restaurant. This property is an integral part of Bunbury and has been here for more than 25 years which creates it own unique challenges. I have passed your comments on to the staff and our chef who appreciate the positive feedback. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We went to the lord forresthotel in bunbury very nice and clean rooms great welcome and vert reasonable cost
Beautiful restaurant for breakfast with the most professional staff made our weekend away very enjoyable
Would definitely go there again

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Christina M, General Manager at Quality Hotel Lord Forrest, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you for your review. Our staff work hard in what is often a thankless industry and I can assure you they are very appreciative of your kind words. Our breakfast buffet is always well received and our staff pride themselves their professionalism and friendliness.

I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Check in was good and efficient
Interior of the hotel hasn't changed much since we last stayed here in the early 90's
The room has pictures on the wall so faded to the point of not being able to see them
It is bland and non descript
The bar was icey cold and the restaurant menu looked lovely but with only one person dining it didn't look inviting
The bed was very poor with creakey springs and extremely uncomfortable
The tv reception was poor
I am unsure what we should expect for $140 but a goid quality bed is a pre requisite
The room was a standard room

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

I remember going past this hotel in my teens when she was at her height of glamour (that was the mid eighties)so when my wife had booked us in one of the executive/spa rooms I wasn't expecting much...however I was thankfully surprised!
She is in a great spot, close to everything, restaurant was ok, spa was good, room was nice, long balcony etc
My only critique is room service finishes at nine.
Other than that I recommend the old girl for her price and location = good value

Room Tip: If you can afford the spa rooms then I would recommend getting those
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Hotel Lord Forrest? Share your experiences!