“Fine for a night away” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Bunbury
Perth, Australia
“Fine for a night away”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

Recently stayed with my 2 little boys in a spa suite and I found it clean and comfortable. Having read the reviews on here, I wasn't sure what to expect because it's been a few years since I've stayed. It is true the motel is old and could do with some upgrading but I wouldn't hesitate to stay again. Though I wouldn't stay in a budget or standard room. The spa suites are spacious and have a queen and 2 singles, and a couch and table. The only improvements I would suggest are 4 chairs at the table instead of 2 and I feel there is plenty of room for a microwave given the 'luxury' and size of the room.

Room Tip: Spa suites are nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Anna J, Guest Relations Manager at Bunbury Welcome Inn Motel, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review.

I’m delighted to read you enjoyed your recent stay with us & found our Spa rooms to meet your requirements.

We take all feedback on board, your suggestion of having 4 chairs in the room will be discussed at our next meeting.

In regards to their being no microwave in our Spa rooms, this is due to the fact the room doesn’t have an exhaust fan. We have found in the past allowing microwaves to be in the room can cause the room to have a certain smell which lingers on.

If you preferred having a microwave we do offer Kitchenette rooms which are semi self contained. These rooms have an exhaust fan built in which eliminates the smell of food & are better suited if you would like to cater for yourself throughout your stay.

We call our Spa rooms ‘Luxury’ due to the size of the room as stated in your review & they also provide a balcony which is facing the ocean.

Once again, thank you for your review & we hope to welcome you back soon.

Anna Jovanovic.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Geraldton, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

The room we were in could do with some attention. The extension cord to the TV is questionable in the way it is fitted. A table would be nice also to sit down and eat, or even read. Exhaust fans should be fitted to the ensuite area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Anna J, Guest Relations Manager at Bunbury Welcome Inn Motel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Thank you for your review.

If you would be so kind to please contact me on (08) 9792 3400 to further discuss your review as I believe we require our Maintenance Department to do a thorough inspection of the room you occupied.

We take all feedback on board & really appreciate any guests that have suggestions on ways we can further improve.

Please feel free to also email me if you prefer on reception@welcomeinnmotel.com.au

Once again, thank you for your review & I look forward to discussing it with you soon.

Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

it's ok needs a bit of an upgrade, after golf it's a drink , cards and a sleep, will do us every time, a bunch of guys don't need five star, we have used the w/inn many times and fits our budget and needs , they have told us next year will line up meals on site , so will most probably book in for next year , staff very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: choose a family if you have snorers, have doors and separate rooms, time they reopened the restauran...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Anna J, Guest Relations Manager at Bunbury Welcome Inn Motel, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Thank you for your lovely review.

I’m pleased our Motel meets your requirements during your golf trips.

It’s nice to see our staff be recognised for their customer service, it’s also great being able to encourage our staff with such positive feedback.

We are always open to suggestions & requests. When you plan to come down next, please email me on reception@welcomeinnmotel.com.au & we will try to accommodate your tailored request in regards to providing meals on site. This is something I’m currently exploring options on at the moment.

For possible future guests reading this review, please note we do provide a room service option from Mojo’s Restaurant. They deliver meals for lunch or dinner to your room. We also offer a cooked or continental breakfast which you can either have delivered to your room or have in our breakfast area.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

My Mother and I were looking to meet halfway between where we both live and i sourced this destination from the web. We were both very happy with the stay and gave us somewhere to hang out and catch up. Beautiful location and a nice quiet setting, even though you are on a main road. We look forward to rebooking!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Anna J, Guest Relations Manager at Bunbury Welcome Inn Motel, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your review.

I’m pleased to read you enjoyed your stay & found our location to meet your requirements.

We regularly advertise specials on our website so be sure to keep an eye out for any upcoming deals. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hamilton, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Really does need a total refit. Too expensive for quality. For the price I would expect a slightly higher quality of fittings, furnishings and cleanliness. There was a strong message to leave the room clean and wash up the dishes. Don't mind this request if the room is of a high standard to start with.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel.

I’m disappointed to read you didn’t enjoy your stay. Thank you for the points you have raised & giving me the opportunity to respond.

Firstly, I apologise you got the impression you have to wash your own dishes as this is untrue. Nowhere in the room does it state you need to clean up after yourself as we have a Housekeeping Department. They provide a daily service of your room if you are staying for a few days & do a full clean after you have departed.

We do ask guests to ensure they leave the room undamaged & with no items missing. This is stated on the check in form you sign on arrival & in our policies/procedures sign in the room.

I’m sorry you misinterpreted this.

In regards to your comments about the quality of fittings & furnishing, I can confirm this has been passed on to Management for further review. We take great pride in ensuring our rooms are of a very high cleanliness standard so this comment comes as a bit of a surprise. I will be raising this point with our Housekeeping Department at our next meeting.

Thank you once again for your review.

Greater Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Old dirty vomit smelling room with beds that would have to be 20 yrs old ,manager/owner would have to have the worst attitude you will come across pls take my advice dont stay here,3 nights booked we left first thing in morning after 1 night then manager refused to refund us .

• Stayed April 2014
Anna J, Guest Relations Manager at Bunbury Welcome Inn Motel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel.

We believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion & we hope future guests take the time to read all the reviews before making a decision.

I would like to advise as it’s stated on our website & anywhere that our name is featured, we are a 3 star motel. Often guests are attracted to our low rates with the expectations of a 4 or 4.5 star motel. We advertise our rooms exactly as they are & try to meet our guests expectations. On this occasion, it’s clear your expectations haven’t been met & for that I apologise.

All accommodation providers have their policies in regards to cancellations & amendments. Ours is based on a 24 hour time frame which I think you will find is the most common one. If you cancel a reservation within 24 hours prior to your arrival date or make any amendments, you are subject to the first nights tariff charge.

If you arrive & realise you could have afforded a 4 or 4.5 star establishment then decide to cancel, this will subject you to the charge as we held that room exclusively for you, eliminating anyone else wanting to possibly book it. We have provided pictures, descriptions & in my own personal opinion all the information you could possibly need to ensure you make an informed decision before booking. Again, I apologise you didn’t enjoy your stay & thank you for your review.

If you would like to discuss any of the above, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly on (08) 9792 3400.

Perth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Very small family room, there are ants lurking, the blinds are broken, the walls are very thin, we have no door, the bathroom is disgusting, you cant even open the cupboards without a struggle, and one last thing, the drunkos of bunbury kept us up all night, thankyou for your consideration!!!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Anna J, Guest Relations Manager at Bunbury Welcome Inn Motel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review out Motel.

I’m disappointed on this occasion your expectations haven’t been met. I sincerely apologise.

We take all feedback seriously & I can assure you the issues you raised in this review will be discussed with in our team.

Given the opportunity at the time these issues arose, I feel we could have rectified them to ensure you had a pleasant stay. I’m sorry you didn’t contact reception to advise us of your discomfort regarding the room you were in.

Once again, thank you for your review.

Anna Jovanovic.

Been to Bunbury Welcome Inn Motel? Share your experiences!