“Not bad ........” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Perth
“Not bad ........”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The place looks nice and does a busy takeout service..... thats normal for a good Chinese.
The food is good for a change from hi-end restaurants, order service was prompt as was the delivery of food .....will go back but will not be a common choice ....

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Bunbury, Australia
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We wanted an asian restaurant in Bunbury that accept separate billing. After confirmation by the Marlston over the phone, we ended up in this place for one dinner with some friends and work mates.

The restaurant looks dodgy from the outside but really classy inside. It is welcoming.
Considering how nice it looks and how expensive the prices are compared to some other Chinese restaurants in town, we were expecting a delicious feast.

Well, it is maybe a feast for anorexic people, but if you are just a little bit hungry, you will need to order at least 2 dishes of noodles! It is really small! I am not a little kid!

The service was shocking. Even though, we are all used to see Asians waiters/waitresses in Asian restaurant (it is normal and expected), I was still expecting someone speaking a minimum of English who could actually take our order without asking to repeat 10 times. we ended pointing our fingers on the menu otherwise we would probably still be ordering right now!

My chicken Kway Teow tasted like someone put some dishwashing liquid in the plate...

Coming to the payment, they tried to say we couldn't make separate payment but ended up being able to negotiate this part.

Overall, a really disappointing experience.
I will not go back unless invited, but I will certainly not waste my money there again.

Go instead to the China City Garden in Bunbury, always crowded so booking advisable or drive to Australind/Eaton and go to the Garden Palace. These are the 2 best Chinese restaurants in the Bunbury area.

• Visited January 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Nice Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Took the kids for lunch. Service extremely promt and efficient. Just back from UK and realize what a rip of Bunbury resturants are. this one however was not to overpriced

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Consistently good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Good prices with efficient, friendly staff make this a favourite in Bunbury.
An extensive menu featuring chefs specials make this a great place to eat with a group

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Australia
“MSG”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have not been caught out like this for many years. I eat anything (minus offal) & everywhere. Of course the food tasted good ...... then BAM!!!! If you have a reaction to MSG my advise would be to keep walking. I was violently ill for days after visiting here. I know exactly my reaction, signs & symptoms to MSG & went down for the count. I get so angry that this poison needs to be included in cooking of ANY type. Two of our party dined fine, the other two crashed.

• Visited December 2012