“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 30 Maafushi Island B&B and Inns
Russia
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Maafushi is a nice and interesting small Island. Сlean, warm sea.
Fabulous coral reef an easy 50m swim/paddle with great reef fish. Great food - great staff - comfortable (immaculate white coral sandy beach with sun beds). Very relaxed - shoes not required. Room kept clean and tidy. Good A/C (needed at night). King size bed, middle soft but comfy, mini bar, fridge, two wardrobes etc, a wood safe - thankfully no TV no telephone - bliss.... what else do you need? All the staff are wonderfully helpful and make the visit all the more enjoyable. Always someone there to help and they are all very approachable. My birthday happened whilst we were on holiday and they made a cake. It was made very special as the lights in the whole dining place are dimmed as the waiters sing and play the drums and circle the dining room before coming to your table with the cake. The snorkelling was average in most areas our excursions. BUT to see the bulk of the wildlife, going on the snorkelling outings is OUTSTANDING. We saw huge sea turtles, dolphins and manta rays which seemed to glide past about 1m from us! Its was brilliant. Although I myself did not personally scuba dive but this island is well known for being close to loads of great diving spots and the dive centre is amazingly equipped and the staff are very professional.
No swimming pool!?! you are never more than 100m from the beautiful clear clean Indian ocean...who needs a pool!
This holiday was truly paradise. I have nothing to complain about; the only thing that upset me had to return home.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
UAE, Dubai
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We and our 19 month old daughter, we stayed in this lovely B&B. The rooms are spacious with nice bathrooms, TV, AC, wireless Internet and there is also garden where you can sit and enjoy your papers or cup of coffee. It's quiet, and rooms are being cleaned every day.

The owners are always there to advise you or help you in any way they can, most kind and friendly.

Villa is located close to the airport (30 minutes on speed boat), and it's near several major resorts of Kaafu Male' Atoll.

Close to the villa there are some shops, walking distance

Important thing is that you will not find in Maafushi 5 star B&B with this price, just this one !!!

You feel like you are home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Italy, Firenze
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Summer Villa in end of December for our New Year holiday. The hospitality from the staff with which we were greeted on our arrival and during every minute of our stay was so genuine and friendly that we really feel to have found another home in Summer villa!

We stayed in a 4th deluxe room with garden view in the central part of the hotel. This was less beautiful than the new rooms of the new hotel's part but we found that this room remained quite cool from the summer heat outside. The room was spotlessly cleaned every day and whatever request we had was always entertained by the staff.

We made use of the hotel's speedboat transfer to the Maafushi and back to Male' and enjoyed dining at the hotel we really ate like kings...the home style cooking of chief was superb...we literally cleaned our plates from the pasta cooked personally to our taste. The breakfast buffet with Maldivian food was very good.

Above all, it was the staff that made our stay special and even though we enjoyed a long enough stay to say we experienced Summer villa. I'm sure we'll return to enjoy another stay with our Summer villa’s family in the new building.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Stockholm
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

They are building to make it bigger and promised to be done by our arrival, but wasnt. They worked pretty much all night and I had to sleep with earplugs. The room was nothing special. I would recommend two other guesthouses in Maafushi that i stayed in, better and cheaper. They take 5,5 % for using Visa card. No cozy areas and no beach. The service was ok, the breakfast and cleaning was good. Hard bed. Its next to the prison,

Room Tip: Stay on the upperside with good beaches and restaurants etc or in the middle close to the harbour i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

When I travel, I want to embrace the culture with hospitality & the best of what the country can offer.
Summer Villa did everything perfectly from the start to the end of my stay. I left this place with a heavy heart.

6 nights? I wish I have more.

You feel at home. The localation: Local Island of Maldives

Nabeeh, Naseem, Shifan, Bukhari, Yassin, I would like to thank every one of your from the bottom of my heart for making my stay EXCEPTIONAL.

The rooms are clean and comfy. The dinner, EXCELLENT.

The staff and owner would mingle and have a good chat with you.
Everything that you need, they are right at your service.

Nabeeh, he sang really well and did a Maldivian Cultural performance for us. We even dance and have fun througout the perfomace. Nashanth, he dance really well!

Shifan, he makes really good coffee! It's complimentary. Be sure to ask him at least once during your stay.
Not only is he a good coffee maker, he thought me the tips and trick to be a better pool player :)
He won 2nd runner up in the Maldivian championsip :)

Naseem the owner, he's like a fatherly figure with a good sense of humor.
He will organise and listen to your feedback tentatively. It was very nice and sweet of you for the farewell dinner. WE HAVE CRABS!

Their activities are at the best of rates. If you were to get the same at the other resorts, you might just burn your pockets out.

In Maldives, one must explore Sandbanks, Biyadhoo Island, Picnic Island, Night Fishing, Maavelathu, Manta Ray and dolphin watcing.

They would describe in detailed to you, if the day of the activity is appropiate or should you do the vice versa.

I compliment your honesty.

They are enlarging the place right now. 16 more rooms with a rooftop cafe & nightly DJ!
You will also get a tv in every room and the rates will remain the same for now. I couldn't imagine the joy and laughter of the other occupants once the end of the year kicks in for the new change.

We make great friends and company here. We have missed everyone of you!

I have stayed in resorts, villas. But this hospitality, ITS THE BEST! ABSOLUTELY THE BEST!!

The only cons, please change the breakfast menu or make it a buffet. I have raise this to Nabeeh. They are in the midst of the change :)

I would love to come back again. No wait, I AM COMING BACK!!

One tip for all, PLEASE BOOK via them directly. You can reach me, and I would gladly provide the information to you. If you do via Booking.Com, Agoda and Asia Rooms, they are taking 25% of the commision which means you are paying so much more. Avoid that.

They are very efficient and there is no need for credit card deposit to secure your booking. That's how much they trust the guest.

Speedboat in Maldives are all expensive. If your flight meet the local/private ferry time, great! If not, you got to take the speedboat. Summer Villa will give you the best of price :)

Room Tip: All the rooms are on par. However if you are heading after 22nd Dec 2012, request for the newer room...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

A pleasant fact is our holiday was cheap. The correlation of price and quality at 100%. And we brought home not only unforgettable impressions but also the money which we saved owing to discounts and low prices. Thank you staff of the hotel.

The other reviews already say it all, but this is the best hotel experience I have ever had! Hotel is cosy, service is very attentive and personal. Rooms are lovely and the food served is top class and affordable. Management is knowledgable and give good tips for excursions and dining.

We are a family of three and our rooms were huge with views to the garden. Breakfast was excellent. The host were always there for help. It was decided to make a barbecue one evening and the host asked each guest if they wanted to take part - very informal - and made us feel at home.

A perfect place for relaxing with little beautiful garden, also a great base for your trips to explore this island and neighbour islands. Hotel Summer villa is a unique experience of style and comfort. We appreciated the friendly service and attention. Even though we are always looking for new experiences, this is a place we certainly would like to return to.

All in all it was a wonderful 5 days at a peaceful hotel where you can just relax or if you want a lots of activities any kind.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
delhi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We spent 2 days/nights in Summer Villa (Nov 2012).

Good :

1) Service and Hospitality : Nabeeh greeted us at the jetty and arranged everything we asked for thereafter. The staff was very friendly and did their best to make us comfortable. Their hospitality was more responsive than Holiday Inn Kandooma where we stayed for a night.

2) Great food - The food was excellent.Dinner buffet was good. Maldivian breakfast excellent. However, I hope they had more choices for my wife who is a vegetarian.

3) We did Manta ray trip - actually saw two Mantas. Picnic island, sand bank. Everything was well arranged by Nabeeh and his father.

Bad:

1) Value for money : Rooms seemed overpriced. The snorkeling and other trips costed too much when you compare with similar trips in Thailand or Malaysia. Any activity left us with a big hole in our pockets. Speed boat transfer charges seemed exhorbitant when you consider that the islands are not that far away from Male. But this is general in Maldives and not a criticism of Summevilla who to be honest gave us reasonable price compared to RESORTS.

2) Location : The location of the guesthouse is not great. You can get other resorts which are close to the beach. The rooms lacked privacy with the reception just in front of the door. In Maafushi there was nothing great to do - so unless you are taking trips (which are quite expensive) you dont feel like you are on a holiday.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Summer Villa Guest House? Share your experiences!