We spend two weeks in the Maldives
Unlike most travelers we didn't run to a resort and we tried to see the country a little bit.
The Maldives is a most unique country. with over 200 very small and very flats islands, interesting people and amazing beach it is worth much more then just a resort. We spend a few nights in Local Island like mafushi and a few night in a resort and we recommend to do the same-
Don't miss the local islands small inns -
1.you can get there in a local ferry and enjoy the ride there un like the closed speed boats that you can burly see anything.
2. You can meet the local people and some of the workers and have a real conversation with them UNlike in the resorts
3. You can do some trips like – snorkeling, diving, go see dolphins or manta rays or our favorite - visit sand banks in reasonable prices. Just for an example- go to sand bank with sting ray cost 30 Usd for a couple and from our resort 240 USD.
4. You can see how people really live.
5. You can make your trip longer in the same price.
We stayed in two local islands and mafushi was better for us. In mafushi we stayed just in sting ray and it was perfect-
The staff there is great and you can speak with them about everything especially the manager
Ibrahim which know a lot about the country and he is a really interesting man.
The rooms are a little too small but very comfortable and clean
It less than a min walk from the beach
Recommended for everybody,
If i will go to the Maldives again and can't stay in both a local island and a resort i will happely choose the local island.
Osnat and itamar
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stingray Beach Inn, a small boutique hotel, is purpose built to suit the needs of travelers looking for an easy going budget alternative to the Maldives resort experience.Stingray Beach Inn, offers 10 deluxe airconditioned rooms with attached bathrooms which bring together contemporary and modern style to the discerning guests.All our rooms feature tropical décor, a king size or twin beds. Rooms are also equipped with individually controlled air-conditions with overhead ceiling fans and modern furniture. Stocked mini bar with complementary tea and coffee making facilities available at the lobby. Each room has its own attached bath room with quality bathroom amenities such as water heater and rain showers.The hotel lobby also consists of an attached restaurant where our guests can enjoy themselves sipping tropical cocktails, fresh juices and gastronomical delights before heading off for a big day of activities. Our facilities also include free wifi internet to catch up with friends and family while on their holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Stingray Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stingray Beach Inn Maldives/Maafushi Island