“Pretty but some things we didn't like” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Ocean Villas

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warrnambool
Aqua Ocean Villas
You added Aqua Ocean Villas to your Saves list
72 Merri Street, Warrnambool, Victoria 3280, Australia   |
Montreal, Canada
“Pretty but some things we didn't like”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

We (4 adults and an almost 3 year old child) stayed in one of the Villas - Villa 1 I think - for 1 night in early March 2012.

Like some people here mentioned, there was no one there to greet us/check us in. However, Louise had told me that was going to happen as there is no reception on site. So, that didn't bother me. I called her office and once I got a hold of her (she was on another call as a second family showed up at the same time as us and she was talking to them, so it took a few minutes to get in touch with her, but not a big deal). She came right over to let us in and explain a few things to us. She even gave us a map of the area and recommended a few nearby restaurants that were family friendly. Overall at first glance we were quite pleased.

After taking our bags out of the car we decided to head out for supper. We came back home to find a large number of ants crawling all over the kitchen island counter. We had not eaten or taken any food out in the house so we didn't know where the ants we coming from. Ants just don't appear, especially not a whole bunch (20 - 40 ants) of them all together.

We were not very happy and called Louise to tell her about it. She excused herself but did try to suggest that we must have brought in some sweet food and left it out, which I assure you we did not. We were only there for 1 night...no need to "move in". She didn't really offer a solution except to offer to come over and spray ant spray around the kitchen. We declined that offer as we had a 3 year old with us and didn't want the child to ingest any chemical by accident. She did not offer to move us to another one of the villas or offer some sort of compensation. We weren't really happy, but it was already getting late so we decided to stay put. We were only staying 1 night anyway. But now, we just had the feeling that the place wasn't clean. My husband also found a few ants in the upstairs shower and a few bugs in one of the bedrooms. The last straw was later that night when my husband and I decided to go watch some television downstairs and before we sat on the couch, we noticed a worm type bug (not too long maybe 4 cm and very black) crawling on the wall near the couch and then I saw another of the same type bug on the couch. The couch is black as well as the bug but luckily it was crawling on the armrest and I noticed a bump --- the bug crawling. Needless to saw we went back upstairs and tried to sleep.

So, look wise it was very nice, but comfort went out the window with the ants and bugs. It is really too bad because it is a really nice looking apartment.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Warrnambool
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

After booking this online we arrived to find no one around to open up. After waiting around we were finally let in to the unit. I found it unpleasant and uncomfortable as people could see in to our accomodation due to a lack of privacy. The air conditioning also was not upto the standard which you would expect in a cool climate. Over all it was quite expensive for what I got.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed here with my husband and 7 month old son recently. We had to call the owner upon arrival to open the apartment as there was no reception on site which was ok but it was a 10 minute wait.

The house was very clean, tidy and modern but with that came a distinct lack of soft furnishings. So there was nowhere to put bubs down in the loungeroom as there was no rugs on the tiled floor and only one couch cushion! The lack of cushions / rugs etc also meant that there was a fair bit of noise reverberation around the house so if my husband was upstairs sleeping, he could hear me downstairs talking to our son.

The most annoying aspect was that the cleaning service which was due to come at 11am on the morning we checked out, actually arrived at 10:30 and started unloading their equipment from our garage! This gave them a clear view into our living space where we were having breakfast and packing up. We found this really intrusive and they sort of hung around our car as we left, obviously busting to get in and get on with it at 11am on the dot.

We paid a bit more to stay in one of the front apartments which is sold as 'breathtaking ocean views' which I think is overstating it a bit. There were certainly views but the apartments are set quite far back from the coast so the view is from a great distance.

Overall a good stay but I think we expected a bit more for the $.

Room Tip: To get the best ocean views you really need to stay in one of the front two apartments. The ones beh...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011 via mobile

CLEAN!!!! Spacious. Last minute find for our family of 4. Two story two bedroom apartment. Full kitchen but no need to use it because Image Restaurant will deliver full size beautiful meals to your door, on plates wrapped in foil for only a $4 delivery!!! Seriously why dirty the kitchen? We have nothing negative to say about our stay in Warrnambool. Louise our 'host' was so helpful, professional & down to earth. I am a fussy mother when it comes to my children sleeping & bathing in motels but this time I could relax! We met the cleaners on our visit too. They are the nicest friendliest behind the scene ladies we've met!!! Everyone was helpful & took the time to listen to our enquiries. We would recommend this place to everyone & we will be booking this place agian in the future!!!! Please take the time to look into this place when in warrnambool. You will not be disappointed:)

• Stayed August 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011 via mobile

We booked the cottage at the last minute after driving down the great ocean road. We got a great offseason rate. We arrived in the evening and the staff was there to greet us and provided a tour and local tourist info. The place was very clean and was a fantastic place to spend the night. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2011
Melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Stayed over the holidays with kids and went to the fun for kids festival which was great for the young ones. How ever the accomodation was very over priced for what you got, the building was freezing when we arrived and did not heat up at all for the whole stay. Its called Aqua Ocean Villa which is miss advertising as its no where the Ocean, about 10 minute walk at best and its very compact which is hardly a villa size. The other appartments on site seemed to have a schoolies crowd in them, so sleep was hard to get at night time due to excess car, music and yelling. How ever it was clean and newish. Will be staying somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Aqua Ocean Villas? Share your experiences!