“A peaceful place with great pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Suites Deep Blue

Save Saved
You added Quality Suites Deep Blue to your Saves list
Quality Suites Deep Blue
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Worm Bay Road, Warrnambool, Victoria 3280, Australia (Formerly The Sebel Deep Blue Warrnambool)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 20% OFF Room Rate
Ranked #12 of 28 hotels in Warrnambool
Melbourne, Australia
“A peaceful place with great pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Spent the night in Warrnambool on buisiness and stayed in a lovely spacious room. Breakfast was included in the tarif- not bad, but the coffee was pretty ordinary. Fresh coffee would have been much nicer and when you are paying good money should be standard. The pool (indoor) was great.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

320 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed here in the new year period. We found the staff to be professional, courteous and very helpful. Day spa was excellent. Dinner at the restaurant was high quality. Room was clean, king bed was lovely and we appreciated the air-conditioner had been turned on for when we returned in the afternoon (it was very hot at that time). Plenty of parking available and easy access to the beach. Overall a really enjoyable stay - highly recommended!

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

When booking on line we asked for the best possible view within our price range. We were given a room on level 4 and the view from the balcony and a corner of the room didn't disappoint.

This is a modern hotel located close to the beach and the excellent Pavilion Cafe. The room was modern and beautifully presented though I didn't understand the option of opening up the bathroom wall to create a larger open room including bath and toilet!

We didn't try the restaurant as it looked a bit sterile (all white) and uninviting. The restaurant of the hotel next door looked far more inviting.

We enjoyed the lovely pool after a long day but found the mineral springs pool at an extra $15 each not worthwhile. It was little more than a large spa which would normally come free with the pool.

Strangely there was little information about the hotel or restaurant (no menu) in the room compendium. It was mostly about selling the spa services.

Two areas where this hotel is out of step with the competition. Firstly a service charge for Visa, and secondly no free WiFi. Both a little irritating.

Still, we enjoyed our stay, and would do it again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed in January 2013, and I have also stayed in 2010 and noted the rooms have been updated and air conditioning placed in the rooms. We had a lovely premium suite with a kitchenette, which was very reasonable for $219 per night (although we had to pay extra for a rollaway). We had a stunning view at the front of the hotel.

This really is a lovely boutique hotel. We were greeted by all staff members and check in was swift and easy. We did eat the room service breakfast which was lovely. We did not get the chance to eat in the hotel restaurant, but have in the past and it is very nice.

The spa was nice and I also used the day spa which was quite good. There is a lot to do in Warrnambool, or just walk a short walk to the beach. I highly recommend the hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My 16 year old daughter & I stayed here January 2013, arriving late in the afternoon. After checking in to our room we visited the day spa, where the staff member very kindly missed her break in order to give my daughter a massage. Later, the receptionist was very helpful in lending us an iPhone charger & booking us the continental breakfast the following day. Everything was spotlessly clean, the bathroom was small, but gorgeous & the mini bar well stocked. The location is fabulous with the beautiful beach just across the road, in fact, we loved it so much my partner & I are coming back tomorrow for some "us time" :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I am a regular business traveller and I have stayed at the hotel twice. However, on the second occasion, when I checked in, I notified the hotel attendant that I will be staying only one night. My booking was for two nights. The hotel attendant failed to communicate it to the hotel management. To my horror, the hotel manager charged me an extra night's accommodation because she mistakenly believed that I did not notify the hotel in advance. Even when I tried to explain to her that I had informed her hotel staff that I would not be staying the extra night, she treated me as though I was a liar. So I paid the extra night's accommodation because of the hotel staff's poor communication. They have a 24 hour cancellation policy for each night, which is uncommon for hotels. Even if you are a regular traveller to the hotel like myself. This does not encourage repeat business. The restaurant also features overpriced and minuscule meals. Save yourself money and do not stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Gosford, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great location, fantastic views, very contemporary room. Wish we could have stayed for more than one night. The deep bath spa looked inviting but limited time didn't allow us an opportunity to take advantage as you had to book in advance. Very comfy beds and quiet location.

Room Tip: Didn't try the restaurant but the food at the neighbouring hotel was excellent.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Quality Suites Deep Blue? Share your experiences!