Very good location near the centre of St Kilda. The room was large - but only two hooks to hang your stuff on - although I suppose many backpackers live out of their ruc!! The only outside area was devoted to smokers which is never fair. Yes the hostel is noisy but they provide you with earplugs and a quick look at the website will tell you exactly what type of hostel it is so it shouldn't come as a surprise. Quite expensive for a hostel.
Would not recommend this place for everyone
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda offers the best in high quality Budget St Kilda accommodation. With a range of small and large mix dorms, private Queen Rooms and the exclusive Girls only Sanctuary dorms, we have a room for all fun loving budget conscious travelers, we are the closest hostel in Melbourne to the iconic St Kilda Beach & have the PUMPING Red Eye Bar on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, HostelBookers, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BASE Backpackers St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base Backpackers Hotel St Kilda
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda Greater Melbourne