Base in St Kilda is pretty much your average party hostel, lots of noise, lots of 19-year olds who sleep during the day and go downstairs to the bar at night. Most of them seem to be long-term residents who are looking for a job. This is probably one of the reasons we didn't like it too much, since people there aren't really interested in actually doing stuff in Melbourne. They get many good reviews though, because of the free drinks you get if you write one.
The staff had know idea about the "Greeter service" of Melbourne, where locals take you on free city tour through "their Melboune" In fact, they told us it is probably a rip-off, although it was one of the nicest things we've done in the city.
Apart from that, the facilities are okay, but the kitchen is always crowded.
- Also Known As:
- Base Backpackers Hotel St Kilda
- Base Backpackers Hotel
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda Greater Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda offers the best in high quality Budget St Kilda accommodation. With a range of small and large mix dorms, private Queen Rooms and the exclusive Girls only Sanctuary dorms, we have a room for all fun loving budget conscious travelers, we are the closest hostel in Melbourne to the iconic St Kilda Beach & have the PUMPING Red Eye Bar on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, HostelWorld, Olotels, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelBookers and Tingo so you can book your BASE Backpackers St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.