I found that base was not a welcoming hostel. Some of the staff are rude in fact it was just one. The hostel itself is party orientated which some backpackers are thrilled about but i feel they did not cater for all types of travellers!!! The kitchen is ajoining the tv area which was awful because you couldnt hear the tv with the noise of people cooking and talking while having dinner. The room which i stayed in was smelly from the unclean carpet!!! You cant spend a lazy day in the hostel just relaxing beacuse everone is in your face, there is no quiet area! The tv area closes at 12midnight so if your not up for drinking you just have to go to your room and listen to the blar or the music from downstairs. Althought the hostel is pretty morden, i fell that it was not worth the money to stay in!!!! And our air con broke the 2nd night we were there and no-one came to fix it... we were there for a week!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda offers the best in high quality Budget St Kilda accommodation. With a range of small and large mix dorms, private Queen Rooms and the exclusive Girls only Sanctuary dorms, we have a room for all fun loving budget conscious travelers, we are the closest hostel in Melbourne to the iconic St Kilda Beach & have the PUMPING Red Eye Bar on site. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, HostelBookers, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your BASE Backpackers St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Base Backpackers Hotel St Kilda
- BASE Backpackers St Kilda Greater Melbourne