“Helpful staff, great location... to bad about housekeeping” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda

You added Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   157 Fitzroy St., St Kilda, Port Phillip, Victoria 3182, Australia (Formerly Medina Executive St. Kilda)   |
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in St Kilda
Shanghai
“Helpful staff, great location... to bad about housekeeping”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The location is great... the front of house staff are fabulous... provided you don't get one of the burrows out back the rooms are of a good standard too. However, this property is poorly let down by the appalling quality of house-keeping! It's just terrible!

I started with apartment 9... avoid it... it is so pokey and air and light-less... to pass that off as a room suitable for an extended stay was a real challenge. Fortunately, the excellent front of house staff felt my pain, and I was relocated to a balcony apartment... which was fine, with a beautiful outlook over Fitzroy street and the parklands.

However, the cleanliness of the room left a lot to be desired! Daily housekeeping was rudimentary at best... half my lights were blown, the ceiling fan was coated in dirt, and the bed linen... really? I expect better from the Medina franchise!

Seriously, their housekeeping staff should be overhauled completely!

Room Tip: Balcony rooms... avoid apt 9!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this review, May 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your stay with Medina Executive St Kilda.

I'm pleased the Front Desk Team have been able to assist you during your stay. I trust you are now finding Housekeeping & Maintenance to be up to standard as I see your stay with us has now been extended.

If there is anything at all I can assist you with for the remainder of your stay please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Medina Executive St Kilda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
chennai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Brilliant Location, with safe and secure parking. Comfortable room, quiet and good sleep value. I recommend this if anyone visits melbourne. The only disadvantage was a musty smell in the corridor once in a while and the pain of transferring elevators to go from the North Tower to the South tower

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with Medina Executive St Kilda.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us! For any future stays, if you would like to ensure a room in the North Tower (at the front of the building), you are able to do this by booking a One Bedroom apartment. All of the One Bedroom apartments are in the front building.

Should you wish to discuss anything further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Taupo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

While getting in and out of the car park was scary as was narrow and had sharp turns (we were in a hire car) and not a great first impression, the apartment itself was such a pleasant surprise. The balcony overlooking the park was great and had plenty of room. It was clean and had everything we needed.
The staff generally ignored you but were helpful and friendly if you did ask for assistance. Certainly close to everything. Lovely walk to the beach and pier and restaurants were very close.
Had a very small gym but adequate.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this review, April 16, 2012

I'm happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also pleased that the team here were able to assist you during your stay.

With regard to the car park, I think you will find it much easier to exit next time you stay with us. We have just installed a sensor which opens the door to exit, rather than needing to press the button on the wall.

Should you have any questions regarding this or if you would like to discuss anything further please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel.

hobart
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

This was the 3rd Medina property we have stayed at in Australia.
Medina St Kilda is on busy Fitzroy Street and is easy walking distance to restaurants, hotels, bars, corner stores and public transport. The tram into the city takes 20 minutes and leaves from just down the street.
A walk into Ackland street and all its cafes takes about 20 minutes.
The 1 and 2 bedroom apartments are huge and have all you need for a great stay. The beds are fantastic and the staff at reception very helpful.
They are happy to store luggage for you.
Unfortunately there is building work going on next door and concrete pours at 700am are a pain but thats the luck of the draw.
This property, together with the Flinders Street Executive in Melbourne and the Sydney Central are a really good option when looking for more than a hotel room.
And its nice to sometimes stay out of the city centre in the suburbs for a change.
Try Banff restaurant/bar just down the road for fantastic cheap breakies and great Pizzas.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front, although on busy Fitzroy street have balconies which are great to sit on and...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this review, April 15, 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Our group stayed at apartment 35 for a week to catch the Australian Open.
The apartment was clean and comfortable and had a good view of Albert Park. If you wake up early enough, you could see the hot air balloons flying around near the city. There were also many food joints around, with nearby supermarket and Tatts where we could purchase our tram tickets if we're out of coins. Very convenient.

The helpful front desk manager Claire also helped me to contact the Flinders Street Medina when I asked if we could park our vehicle there to catch a tram to the AO. Appreciate it!

My only complaint is the parking. Somehow we had to notify the front desk pretty much everyday in order to get in even though we had registered our vehicle. There was an instance when I pressed the intercom at the carpark entrance and the person manning the reception insisted that I go down personally then to register before they would let me in. Luckily I had passengers in the car to help me with that, else I would have to reverse down the narrow ramp and risk scratching the car!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this review, February 5, 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

With regard to the car park, you are able to use your room key to open the roller door if you prefer not to use the intercom.

Should you have any questions regarding this or if you would like to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

vincentia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I too read all the bad revues prior to my stay and I was nervous. As it turns out my worries were unwarranted. We stayed in apt 36. It was on the small side for 4 people, it only had 1 bathroom and the sofa was too small but it was clean, the beds were comfortable and the view fantastic. Fantastic restaurants are on the doorstep. Just down the road is a great little supermarket and the trams are right out the front. Street noise was not an issue. When booking ask for a room on the Fitzroy st side. I would stay there again

Room Tip: Relatives stayed in Room 21, it was much bigger than 36
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
MESKMgr, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on your recent stay with Medina Executive St Kilda.

I'm pleased to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

After reading some of the other reviews I was a bit sceptical about coming here, but when I arrived I was pleasently surprised. Great studio apartment with everything you need to have a comfortable stay. The staff and front desk were very friendly and very helpful. It was very clean too. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I'm pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Medina Executive St Kilda

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel St Kilda? Share your experiences!