I was in Melbourne for a week on business, split between Melbourne and Monash universities. I wanted to be self-catering, and within walking distance of public transport, cafes, shops and good walking routes. I didn't want to be in the city centre, and a colleague recommended St Kilda. The St Kilda Bayside is perfectly located - 5 minutes to the tram stop for the city centre, 5 minutes to the main shopping/cafe drag, 5 minutes to the shore. Immediate surroundings are mostly residential and although it's only a couple of blocks from the nightlife, it's very quiet and feels very safe.
The building is clean and bright and had evidently been recently freshened up. I had an apartment at the back, overlooking the pool and some big trees, so it was green and pleasant to sit out on the balcony. The kitchen was really well-equipped, and I enjoyed eating breakfast and sometimes dinner in the apartment. There are several supermarkets within 5-10 minutes' walk, where you can get everything you need. Having a washer/dryer in the apartment was perfect and I think the apartments would be very comfortable for longer stays. I used the WiFi (which is charged separately) and it was a strong and reliable signal, which I needed for work.
I loved sitting out on the balcony and watching the parakeets fly over, and I really enjoyed walking out along the pier to the cafe and the penguins. The Quest St Kilda Bayside is a fresh and modern building in a great location. I'd certainly stay there if I visited Melbourne again.
- Also Known As:
- Quest St Kilda Bayside Hotel
- Quest St Kilda Bayside Hotel St Kilda
- Quest Hotel St Kilda
- Quest St Kilda Bayside Greater Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quest St Kilda Bayside’s newly refurbished apartments are now available! Quest St Kilda Bayside is the perfect choice for both the business and leisure traveller. We are situated in a quiet residential street yet only minutes walk from the cosmopolitan attractions of St Kilda, with business and cultural precincts being easily accessible by tram or car - or a walk!Just 5 minutes’ walk from St Kilda beach, each of these newly refurbished (completed September 2012) studios and apartments features kitchen facilities and a private balcony. Also available is a well equipped gym (open during office hours), heated swimming pool and BBQ facilities (summer months only). Guests’ security is paramount, with carded apartment access, tagged property access and on-site car parking.Each studio and apartment has entirely new custom-made furniture and soft furnishings, an LCD TV, dining area, private bathroom and laundry facilities. Private kitchen facilities include an oven, refrigerator, microwave and dishwasher.Additionally, a variety of local restaurants offer Quest St Kilda Bayside guests the ability to charge meals back to the apartment.Melbourne city centre is just a 15-minute drive from Quest St Kilda Bayside apartments. Albert Park Grand Prix Circuit is 500 metres from the complex, it is less than 10 minutes’ walk to Luna Park and the beach is only a few minutes’ walk away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Quest St Kilda Bayside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.