My mum and dad had travelled from Papua New Guinea and booked 3 bedrooms for friends and family for my wedding. Mum had explained to the reception that it was for my wedding day and preparations leading up to the day.
When my mum arrived at the Novotel there was construction going on out the front, which is not a great place for photos at all!! It was hard to find the entrance because of the contstruction going on out the front.
My parents had two lots of friends also staying at the hotel and she had requested all of us to be on the same floor and then we were all spread all over the hotel!! Mum and Dad then had to be changed rooms because of the continuing whistling through one of the windows.
When all my bridesmaids and I arrived at the hotel we went down for dinner which is at the moment in one of the conference rooms which makes you feel like you have to take a notepad and pen with you in expectance of a meeting. Really not great!
We woke up the morning of the wedding to find that in my parents room they had been scolded by the shower because of the maintenence.
My parents had organised a delux breakfast in the room for all my bridesmaids and myself and when it hadn't arrived in the room we had to call downstairs to find that they claimed they didn't know anything about it. When they organised something for breakfast for 8 people it came up with 3 small muffins and 5 extremely small danishes, cold coffee in take-away cups and orange juice. When we called down to complain we were then sent up EXACTLY the same again. Dad and I went to McDonalds for breakfast with everyone!!!
Mum then went to organise lunch which FINALLY showed up how it should be.....heaps of sandwiches and champagne which had been previously organised at the same time as breakfast.
We all left and then my parents stayed another night to leave early the next morning with a COLD SHOWER instead.
This is an extremely POOR example of a hotel of this standard.
Their good fortune that one of the managers, Robert is excellent because if it wasn't for him the place would end up with no guests. He is one of the only reasons we stayed there in the end.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Melbourne St Kilda is the city's premier beachfront hotel. Ideally positioned facing St Kilda beach and surrounded by some of the city's finest attractions, Novotel St Kilda is the perfect escape for the business or leisure traveller. Situated 6km from the city centre and 28km from Melbourne Airport, experience all this unique St Kilda hotel and its cosmopolitan surroundings have to offer from this hotel's prime position on The Esplanade. Novotel Melbourne St Kilda provides a great choice of St Kilda accommodation, offering 211 rooms and suites, many featuring spa baths with spectacular bay view over Port Philip Bay. The Novotel St Kilda can cater for a variety of events including residential conferences, team building exercises, annual meetings and gala dinners. Choose from 12 versatile function spaces for up to 300 delegates. Many of the rooms offer stunning ocean views and outdoor terrace areas for informal networking. Walk to some of Melbourne's finest attractions such as Luna Park, experience the famous Sunday art and craft market on The Esplanade or discover the many shopping options and bustling nightlife on nearby Acland and Fitzroy Streets. If you need to park the car, there is a secure, undercover parking (extra charge), whilst a tram stop at the front door ensures easy and convenient access to Melbourne city centre only six kilometres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Novotel Melbourne St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Hotel St Kilda
- Accor St Kilda
- Novotel St Kilda
- St Kilda Novotel
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Greater Melbourne