First, let me say the staff was great. Very helpful, friendly and informative. Everyone did a great job. The hotel itself is a bit of a disappointment. Some good points are it has a great location in the heart of St. Kildas, across from the waterfront and a few blocks from lots of good restaurants. The tram runs by the hotel every five minutes and it is only about 20 minutes and $3.50AU to the center of Melbourne.
The hotel itself is just getting old and is need of a lot of refurbishing. Not bad, just worn out. Several things in the room didn't work and I notified the front desk but none were repaired during my three day stay. The staff made the stay worthwhile but Novotel needs to invest some money in this property. Like most Novotel properties they charge you for every little thing, a practice that I don't like. So add $30 per day for parking, Internet The restaurant is better then average but the prices are quite high and their is better food for less just a few blocks away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Novotel Melbourne St Kilda is the city's premier beachfront hotel. Ideally positioned facing St Kilda beach and surrounded by some of the city's finest attractions, Novotel St Kilda is the perfect escape for the business or leisure traveller. Situated 6km from the city centre and 28km from Melbourne Airport, experience all this unique St Kilda hotel and its cosmopolitan surroundings have to offer from this hotel's prime position on The Esplanade. Novotel Melbourne St Kilda provides a great choice of St Kilda accommodation, offering 211 rooms and suites, many featuring spa baths with spectacular bay view over Port Philip Bay. The Novotel St Kilda can cater for a variety of events including residential conferences, team building exercises, annual meetings and gala dinners. Choose from 12 versatile function spaces for up to 300 delegates. Many of the rooms offer stunning ocean views and outdoor terrace areas for informal networking. Walk to some of Melbourne's finest attractions such as Luna Park, experience the famous Sunday art and craft market on The Esplanade or discover the many shopping options and bustling nightlife on nearby Acland and Fitzroy Streets. If you need to park the car, there is a secure, undercover parking (extra charge), whilst a tram stop at the front door ensures easy and convenient access to Melbourne city centre only six kilometres away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, ACCOR, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Melbourne St Kilda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Hotel St Kilda
- Accor St Kilda
- Novotel St Kilda
- St Kilda Novotel
- Novotel Melbourne St Kilda Greater Melbourne