“Very convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Prince

You added The Prince to your Saves list
The Prince
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Acland Street, St Kilda, Port Phillip, Victoria 3182, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in St Kilda
“Very convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I booked my room at The Prince on wotif. My key criteria was that it had to be close to the Ironman finish line in Catani Gardens. I didn't want to walk far after the race.
The Prince would have to be the closest hotel to the gardens so I was surprised that I was able to book only a couple of weeks prior to the event.
I have dined at Circa a couple of times so knew what the decor of the hotel was like. The rooms were clean and quite spacious. The bed was comfortable. There was a wedding reception in the venue the night we stayed but once in the room there was very little noise.
Breakfast was included in our rate at the Acland Street Cantina. I can recommend the breakfast tacos, although if you don't like chilli then take them out. They were hot!!
Overall I got exactly what I wanted out of my stay at The Prince and I would recommend to anyone wanting to stay in or around St Kilda.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
BizSattler, Public Relations Manager at The Prince, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Hey Dave

thanks so much fir taking the time to review us on trip advisor. I am sp pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found the location convenient!

We really look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Kindest

Liz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I stayed here for work, for the close proximity to our conference venue. It wasn't my choice of hotels, company determined.

The hotel itself is nicely decorated, dark and brooding, and more the boutique style of hotel. You'd love this place if you are into that style of accommodation, that Melbourne is famous for. You can't beat the location - definitely the main reason you would stay here. The room was generous in size, big table allowing me to work and lots of storage. On check in and check out the staff were lovely, very helpful and super friendly, which was a nice touch.

I had mixed experience with room service (I was working late each night, not able to head out) one meal was not so great, the other was lovely (the burger). The in room breakfast option wasn't replaced each night, so I headed out for breakfast each morning. I had one small window, with a view of the other rooms & a roof. Unfortunately I didn't find the bed comfortable & the shower would switch from hot to cold each 30 seconds/minute.

So for me, most of the important bits (room service, bed and shower) didn't really make me want to come back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
BizSattler, Director of Sales at The Prince, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hi There

Thanks you so much for taking the time to review The Prince.
We are actually in the process of rolling out new beds throughout the hotel, so I hope that this will address the bed issue for you.

We will certainly pass the room service feedback on to the restaurant for review.

liz
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

We had a room on the last floor which was among the more expensive ones, it was nice and had a small balcony with a view. It was done with some nice ideas and good taste, a real "design hotel". Unfortunatly the windows were very dirty so the view out was a bit like if it would rain... Another thing which was an absolut no-go was the noise, but we guessed this was just an issue since we were there on a weekend. It was really very loud outside and untill late in the night we could't sleep. I think on weekdays the hotel must be just great and the location is perfect to discover St Kilda with its beach or the great choice of nice restaurants.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi There

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review on trip advisor.

We are so pleased that you enjoy the property and am sorry to hear that you had some noise issue on the weekend. We did have a wedding house on that weekend which may have been the issue.

Hopefully we will see you back at The Prince in the near future.

Kind regards

liz
Geelong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

My husband and I had a quick one night stopover as we were in town for a concert. We have dined in Circa a few times before and based on our amazing dining experiences had high expectations for the hotel. I was concerned about the rooms being noisy especially with a wedding on the night we stayed but I am glad to report the only noise issues we had were when some of the wedding guests thought it would be a great idea to yell to each other down the corridors at the conclusion of the event. We encountered no noise issues from the actual event or from the street. I was pleasantly surprised with the price for parking as it usually costs almost as much as the hotel room to park in a city hotel. The staff on reception were friendly and efficient and even though I didn’t complain about the girls yelling down the corridors, just mentioned it in passing, the guy on reception at check out was mortified and couldn’t apologize enough.
Breakfast was included in the Cantina but no one explained to us what was included until we asked for a juice and we were told that because we had already ordered coffee there would be an extra charge, my suggestion would be to make it a bit clearer to hotel guests what is actually included at breakfast to avoid the awkwardness of these conversations.
For what we paid I think we got great value for money and I would return next time we are in town, it was certainly a cut above other hotels we have stayed in previously in st Kilda.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi Sezzza001

Thanks so much for your kind review.

We are so pleased you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you back here in the near future.

Arezzo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

Why stay in a hotel in the CBD when u can stay on St Kilda! I love the location close to the beach with great restaurants and cafe all close by. I had a room on the 4th floor(top) with a balcony. Not a very big room but very comfortable and with a great shower. Fantastic wifi. Staff at reception are very friendly and efficient and help me out for charging my iPhone ( I left my charger behind ) . Breakfast is served in the place next door but if us a bit limited . U can choose only 1 thing from a menu and have only 1 coffee or juice , the second one u need to pay extra but overall is a great place. Ahh bring eat plugs if u are a light sleeper . I was totally jet legged so I didn't mind but there was a big party going on until early hours ...

• Stayed February 2014
Hi There

Thank you so much for you review. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Prince and the vibrant, beachfront locale of St Kilda

We hope to see you back with us in the near future.

Yorkshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Just returned from a wonderful holiday in Australia. Spent just two nights at this hotel prior to visiting family. So glad we did it was great. Very stylish & the check in was very efficient, friendly & professional. Our room was perfect for two nights but if staying longer I would recommend a larger room. Whilst there the temperature rose to 44 degrees (take me back) & the room was a little stuffy. We asked reception if we could control the air con but they brought us a lovely bush floor fan & straight away. Nothing was too much bother

We ate lunch in the restaurant one day. Very high quality & the wine was just gorgeous.

A great hotel that we would highly recommend. We didn't use the spa but went through to have a look, very good from what we could see

Enjoy!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Hi There
thank you so much for your kind trip advisor review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time at The Prince even through you arrived right in the middle of our Heat wave!
I am gad you had the opportunity to sample the great restaurant also.

We hope to see you back in Melbourne and at The Prince in the near future.

Kind regards

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This place is my sanctuary! My husband first brought me here 2 years ago and when we go to Melbourne with our little girl we will not stay any where but here! the service here is second to none! It's the little things here that make all the difference! The fact that they know I love cups of tea at night and always have extra milk for me just shows me the care factor is so high!
Every time I walk in I instantly feel relaxed! We have stayed in different rooms through out all our stays and I love them all ( of course others more than some ) but They all have that amazing feel about them.
I have recommended this place to so many people and they all loved it!!!!!
I can't wait for our next trip here!!! P.S the soufflé is amazing and I order it through Room service every time!!!! I loooove breakfast at Cantina and the Ginger Hot cakes are amazing but I wish they would bring back the mexican donuts!! ;)
Love this place!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hi There

Thanks so much for your response. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy visiting us at The Prince and we certainly look forward to seeing you back here again in the near future.

kInd regards

Liz

Been to The Prince? Share your experiences!