“Love this place!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Prince

You added The Prince to your Saves list
The Prince
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Acland Street, St Kilda, Port Phillip, Victoria 3182, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 18 Hotels in St Kilda
“Love this place!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

This place is my sanctuary! My husband first brought me here 2 years ago and when we go to Melbourne with our little girl we will not stay any where but here! the service here is second to none! It's the little things here that make all the difference! The fact that they know I love cups of tea at night and always have extra milk for me just shows me the care factor is so high!
Every time I walk in I instantly feel relaxed! We have stayed in different rooms through out all our stays and I love them all ( of course others more than some ) but They all have that amazing feel about them.
I have recommended this place to so many people and they all loved it!!!!!
I can't wait for our next trip here!!! P.S the soufflé is amazing and I order it through Room service every time!!!! I loooove breakfast at Cantina and the Ginger Hot cakes are amazing but I wish they would bring back the mexican donuts!! ;)
Love this place!!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BizSattler, Director of Sales at The Prince, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hi There

Thanks so much for your response. We are delighted to hear that you enjoy visiting us at The Prince and we certainly look forward to seeing you back here again in the near future.

kInd regards

Liz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm staying here right now and the fact that I'm writing a review in the middle of the night should speak to how noisy this place is. Hotel staff just told me that my room (420) should be the one most sheltered from noise. Fact is: function on so prized The Deck has just finished (1.30am) and I had loud music, people cheering and stomping all night long and even more so when thy were about to leave; the AC engine for the whole building (no AC turned on in my room) is just outside my window sounding like a continuously hovering helicopter. I live in a big city, with nightlife just outside of my flat, but this is way beyond. Have booked another night here in the near future, but am seriously considering not returning.

• Stayed January 2014
BizSattler, Director of Sales at The Prince, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Hi There
Thank you so much for your honest trip advisor and I am so sorry that this function disturbed you.
Unfortunately we do have functions on the Deck Space from time to time and we do try our best to ensure the impact of noise on our guests is minimal, however on this occassion it seems to have disrupted you - for this we are very sorry.

It would be my please to speak to you about this personally and also assist you with your stay in a few days time.

please email me directly: biz@theprince.com.au and we will try and redeem the situation.

kind reagards
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was given a voucher for a nights stay at the Prince + 5 course dinner in Circa for my recent engagement. Absolutely loved it! We were lucky that it was very hot weather and we got to take in the St KIlda beach during the day. Our voucher was for a deluxe room, but as we were checking in on a Monday they weren't that full so got upgraded to a Superior room free of charge! My fiance' made use of the day spa - not really my thing but she enjoyed it. Dinner in Circa was a cracker with matching wines. The sommelier gave us the full spiel, that I really enjoyed. Overall we really enjoyed ourselves, such a great gift.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi There

Thank you so much for your review.

We are delighted that you had such an enjoyable experience and hope to see you back with us in the near future

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed at The Prince for the first time last week, as I was in town for business for one day. What a lovely and pleasant stay. The warm greeting and service that I received from when I arrived was perfect and so inviting.

The room was efficient and very clean, I really liked the modern take on the rooms as well. It had everything I could need and very comfortable.

Location was great, just a cab ride into town, which in fact turned into a lift by the Hotel Manager James in his own car, since my cab had not turned up in time! Very impressive Service!

Will definitely be back again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi There

Thank you so much for your kind trip advisor review.
We try our best to exceed guest expectatkonsand certainly pleased to hear this feedback.

We hope to see you back with us soon.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Prince Hotel for a start has terrible service and is only exceeded by its over priced food and beverages.

Given that the Fitzroy has so many wonderful places to eat, drink and stay I have no idea why anyone once their have been to the Prince would ever go back there again.

I really don't mind paying for what you get but the prices are over the top for the rubbish they dish out.

Definitely give it a miss.

Room Tip: If you can give this place a miss then do it, lots of nice places in the vicinity. The food and drin...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hi There

We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your dining experience at one of our restaurants.
This page is predominately aimed at feedback for the accommodation, however I would be more than happy to pass your feedback on to our restaurant operations manager. If you would like to touch base with me regarding the experience we would be happy to discuss this with you in person.

biz@theprince.com.au

liz
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Ugh! I was so glad I just had one night here. I hardly slept with noise that sounded as if there was a diesel truck outside my room. Andy if the air conditioning was working (I had it checked twice), then it certainly did not match my definition of functionality. The room itself was described as "boutique", but was more the size of a boutique in a Moroccan souk than the boutiques along Acland St. The bed was not only small, but the mattress had seen much better days. While the staff certainly seemed willing to serve, as far as I could see there was only one guest facing staff member on duty at any one time.

I will not be returning

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Hi There

thank you for your review.

Our boutique rooms are indeed the smallest room type in the hotel. We do have larger rooms available in the property and do try to establish the guests requirements to ensure they have a room that best accommodates their needs.

I will certainly pass on the feedback regarding mattress and AIr con and ensure that these are looked into for you.

liz
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Best hotel to stay in in St Kilda.
Gorgeous Aesop products, very quiet and gorgeous rooms. If I recall, our room had sensor bedside lighting.
Classy, modern, interesting and warm.
Well worth the money for a great stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Prince? Share your experiences!