My boyfriend and I stayed two night with Easystay. It was the cheapest hotel we could find without having to stay at a backpackers hostel. We started off the whole hotel booking thing with lots of confusion. Something that I don't find to be very clear is that Easystay has MULTIPLE LOCATIONS around st. Kilda and you don't get to choose which location you stay at. Apparently your booking secures the type of room not the location that you think you may be staying at. As my boyfriend's brother lives on Carlisle st, this is the hotel I thought I was booking but we ended up at the Acland st location. If this was clearly pointed out to me before I booked and paid for the hotel I probably wouldn't have been so angry about it when I was told I wasn't staying at Carlisle st.
The hotel offers you a complimentary taxi to your location or from your location back to the office to check out. The hotel will only pay for one way so make your choice wisely. House cleaning comes everyday to empty your bins if you want your linen changed it is 'a small fee' (quoted from the hotel) of $25. If you leave dirty utensils the hotel will charge you $75.00. Isn't that what housekeeping staff get paid for?!
Besides the negative points above this hotel is perfect for people like my boyfriend and I who literally only used the hotel to store our luggage, sleep and use the bathroom. The room and bathroom was very clean. Our room was on the side of the Macdonalds and although it was a bit noisy at night we were so tired that the noise didn't even bother us as we crashed every night. Location is great! The beach, Luna park and Acland st (which is full of gorgeous cafes, bars and boutiques) is literally at your doorstep. It's about a $20-25 taxi ride to the city of Melbourne. We visit Melbourne regularly and will probably stay here again. Even more likely to stay here if we could secure a location upon booking and paying for the hotel I'm just not sure how we would go about this just yet.
- Also Known As:
- Easystay The Bayside Hotel St Kilda
- Easystay The Bayside Hotel
- Easystay St Kilda, Greater Melbourne
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Easystay Group have a simple philosophy – to provide visitors to Melbourne with comfortable, value-for-money accommodation in St Kilda, one of Australia’s great places to visit.Our rooms have all the facilities and comforts you would expect to ensure an enjoyable stay.Away from the foreshore, St Kilda’s streets are alive with people, great food, shopping and entertainment spots.Whether you are visiting Melbourne for a holiday, for sport, to meet up with friends and family or to work out a business deal, Easystay has a range of accommodation options to suit your needs and budget with 6 great locations in St Kilda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Olotels, Otel, HostelBookers, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Easystay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.