“Delightful tasty food” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 178 Restaurants in St Kilda
Cuisines: European, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Overlooking Albert park and breathtaking city views, Fitzrovia has pride of place in our beautiful Federation mansion house with pressed tin ceilings, hand-made brick work, stained glass, baltic pine floors and a host of wonderful original features.From 7am through till late at night, our kitchen produces some of the area's most innovative dishes, made entirely from local Victorian produce, with a strong European style.Our menus change regularly with the seasons, so take a look at our website to see what we are doing!
Sydney
“Delightful tasty food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Just had the best posh steak sandwich of my life. Lovely waitress too, a Canadian girl. Thrice-cooked chips were ridiculously good. Recommend the fennel juice.

Visited September 2012

Melbourne, Australia
“Euphoria at Fitzrovia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

So this is how it happened. My Partner ( MP) was having a haircut and we were mulling over where to eat lunch. His hairdresser or perhaps I should say "stylist" chipped in with a suggestion too. Here in I quote her, "a fab place in St Kilda called Fitzrovia, oh you'll love it. Its so cool". Never having been there we decided to give it a go. MP was heading to a meeting in St Kilda later, so getting closer to that location was really our main aim. Isn't it funny how things work out. If we didn't go for the haircut, if we hadn't been discussing lunch, if his meeting was in Hawthorn not St Kilda. So many ifs and yet at the end of the day all things lead us to Fitzrovia.
Now Fitzrovia is as cool as it gets in my opinion. Its floor to ceiling glass lets in light filtered down thru the trees. Its has a splendid array of ready to take out sandwiches bursting with every type of loveliness. The place oozes freshness and I adore the crates of garden fresh produce which act as decoration, as well as your next course. MP was in the mood for something breakfasty and went with scrambled eggs with bacon and a side of grilled tomatoes. The eggs were an almost saffron in color, moist and delicious served on multigrain toast. He was offered a choice of that or sourdough. So simple and such a nice touch. The tomatoes were a joy to behold. Vivid red with scorch marks across their dear little flatten backs. Not the soggy pale version of a tomato, one so often finds served up. I applaud this tomato and the chef who cooked it. I would go back for the tomato alone, but that wont be necessary. The rest of the food coming out of Fitzrovia's kitchen is enough to wax lyrical about. Indulging my carnivorous streak, I had the Scotch Fillet Steak minus the sandwich. The steak was perfectly cooked as requested, medium rare. The aioli was zesty and fresh, while the creamy celeriac and beetroot, dressed the meat to perfection. Topped with a sweet and sticky caramelized onion confit, I was in heaven. In fact I was in a euphoric daze. The chips that came along for the ride, where stacked up and clearly home made. A bit of skin here and there to prove chef had peeled then. Cooked 3 times they barely lasted 3 seconds on the plate. One of the owners Marco said I should come for dinner. I plan on coming for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Might even have to find time to squeeze in an afternoon coffee and cake. I would come here with friends or my children. Had a great lunch with MP and think a breakie with the Mums after school drop off would be on the cards as well. Any excuse to come to Fitzrovia.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Fantastic food. I had a beetroot and blood orange salad with haloumi. It was delicious. My partner's crime brûlée French toast was sensational. Coffee was cold though. Otherwise, excellent.

Visited September 2012
Cornwall
“Good food whatever the time o day”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We are staying close by for a month and cannot believe our luck at finding this excellent 7 day a week restaurant.
What charming owners and staff and what lovely food. The menu is always interesting and they also have an excellent drop in and buy selection.
For Melbourne the prices are reasonable.
They are on the 96, 3 and 16 tram routes. There may be others too.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Just go and experience the food, the staff and the atmosphere :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012 via mobile

What a fabulous place, I could sit there for hours. The Bircher was amazing and the gluten free cakes went down a treat with my friends. The vibe is great, with the view of the park, or the fresh produce you can buy inside. The owner was just lovely and the staff were more than helpful. Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Food