“Beautiful meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Seasons

Seasons
Cnr Langtree Ave & Seventh St | Quality Hotel Mildura Grand, Mildura, Victoria 3500, Australia
(03) 5021 2377
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 73 restaurants in Mildura
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: Seasons offers an elegant but relaxed casual dining space with an a la carte menu that salutes seasonal produce and changes regularly to reflect the quality and availability of local produce.
Adelaide, Australia
“Beautiful meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We were staying at the adjoining Hotel Mildura Grand. Made a booking for 6pm, Nice window table for 2. Pleasant service from young, polite waitress. Had the "fish stew", a dish for two served in an iron pan, hot, spicy, full of assorted seafood and delicious. Washed down with a lovely local red. The decor was great, very eclectic, warm and inviting. It was a lovely way to start our three day stay in Mildura. Throughly recommend it.

Visited August 2013
SSBGMIL, Owner at Seasons, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Great to hear you enjoyed the Fish Stew to share, its a ripper dish and one that needs to take a signature dish place on our new menu! Its such a success that people call to check its still available before they dine.....
In any case, we will always have amazing seafood dishes on the menu in Seasons, we have an awesome fresh supply coming in multiple times during the week, you will always get tasty seafood options with us at Seasons.
We hope to see you again soon.
Ciao, Mandy & Andy

63% Recommend
Victoria, Australia
“Good Food - Dreadful Service!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This was my first time at this restaurant so I wasn't sure what to expect, but unfortunately I won't be rushing back either.

I don't like to leave negative reviews, however I had a work colleague go here 5 days after me and she said the same thing "food was great but the service was terrible - the drinks took for ever!"
So I felt my experience isn't isolated and that this restaurant needs to look at additional training for their staff. Both of us had larger bookings so maybe the service is more attentive for smaller tables, either way - it shouldn't matter.

The service was nothing of what I would expect, It wasn't even things like pulling your chair out or putting your napkin on your lap. I had to ask twice and wait 5 minutes for an extra chair for our table, so I was left standing with the rest of our table sitting, and also the drinks were few and far in between. The waiter old take drinks orders for some people on our table (12 people so it was a long table) and not even bother to ask if anybody else needed a drink, it was left to us to flag them down. Then it was a good 10 minutes before your drinks actually came and that's being nice. I ordered the chicken dish about 7.45 -8pm and was told they may be sold out of the chicken and to pick a back up dish. The waiter said she would come back and let me know if I was getting the chicken, nope she bring out the kids meals about 20-30 mins later and I had to ask her before she rushed off!

Given all that, the food was good, however the consistency wasn't great as two people on our table had scallops and one persons were huge the others tiny.

It was a disappointing experience as I was quite excited to go here for the first time.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SSBGMIL, Owner at Seasons, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your meal, but are very sorry that the service standards where not up to our normal on this particular evening.
It appears your booking number was increased on what was a busy night. This can be tricky to orchestrate additional seating without prior notice and are dreadfully sorry you had to wait for an extra seat.
We are known for our warm friendly service standards and this is a major priority for our restaurants.
We do hope one day you will return again, as we know you will not be disappointed.
with warmest regards
Mandy
Mildura
“WORLD CLASS STEAK”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

It's the best scotch I've ever had, the sauce is amazing. We also enjoyed the deep fry mushrooms and calamari. It's the best meal we'v had in Mildura.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
SSBGMIL, Owner at Seasons, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
We are so thrilled to hear you loved our steak, we spend a lot of time sourcing and tasting the very best beef we can find; we are so lucky in Australia to have such high grade beef to choose from.
See you next time...by the way I think you ate at our brother restaurant The new Spanish Bar & Grill which is our Steak House, but people often get Seasons mixed up, it’s on the other side of the bar.
Happy reviewing
Mandy & Andy
Canberra
“A very mixed bag”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

What was good about this place is the atmosphere and service: both startlingly good. Alas, I have to report that, despite an enticing menu including specials, the food we ordered was just not good enough. We were both attracted to the special - grilled King George whiting. It emerged pale and tasteless; not at all like the King George Whiting we know and love. The helpful staff could see we had not enjoyed it and brought an extra taste of grilled garfish (also on special). This was a nice touch which we applaud. Unfortunately the garfish tasted like the whiting. So we paid our bill and left somewhat dissatisfied with the meal but appreciative of the service. On another day we might try again and be less keen to opt for fresh seafood options so far from the coast.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
brisbane
“Enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

Despite less than favourable recent reviews I decided to experience dining at this restaurant and was not disappointed. My initial impression of a convivial environment with a pleasant modern atmosphere was enhanced by attentive service, good food and wine.

I enjoyed an appetiser and an entree of gnocchi. The latter can be a difficult dish for some to perfect, this restaurant was able to deliver.

The only area to improve would have been the slowness of service and the too frequent offer of drinks. "Anything further we can offer", would have sufficed, and it was a puzzlement to me the delay between courses as I was a solo diner in a scarcely populated restaurant due to the early hour I chose to dine.

Certainly these 2 minor points did not detract from an otherwise enjoyable dining experience, one which I would not hesitate to repeat in the very near future.

• Visited May 2013