“Stop over” 4 of 5 stars

118 Baillie Street, Horsham, Victoria 3400, Australia   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Horsham
“Stop over”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Great Hotel in a great location. Our room was overlooking the car park at the back of the hotel. v Very spacious, clean and quiet. We used it as a stopover driving from Adelaide to Melbourne. The staff are very friendly and I would strongly recommend staying here to everyone.

Only one small drawback is that there is no lift in the building. If you are mobility impaired at all, you will need to make this very clear at the time of booking as there is limited rooms on the ground floor (3-4) carrying cases up the stairs was not an easy task.

We did not use the Gym facilities that are at another location so cannot comment on them.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Horsham118, General Manager at Buloke on Baillie, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Hi John M,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stop over and appreciate your recommendation.
You are right about no lift being a bit of a draw back but we do have 2 Family Suites and 12 ground floor rooms available so we are usually able to accommodate anyone with special requests.

Thank you again for your review and recommendation.

Jaye Rogers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed at Buloke on Baillie for one night on our way across from Adelaide to Melbourne. The hotel room was nice and clean. It's quite a new hotel and the staff were very friendly. If you are after a really quiet room, I suggest you request one away from the main highway as you will hear a lot of trucks pass on a busy day. As it was a public holiday for us, we only heard a couple go by.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Hi KravS,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff very friendly.
We have a great team of girls and guys here and we all try to make every guest feel welcome, be it at the end of a long day at work or after a long drive. It makes the stay so much more enjoyable to have a friendly face awaiting your arrival.

Please come back and visit us again,

sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed there for 1 night in early January 2014 the rooms albeit a little small were well appointed and the bed was comfy. The restaurant was not open on the night we stayed but we were walking distance from the local club. Breakfast was great well cooked and plentiful without being expensive. This is a relatively new motel but our stay was really enjoyable. We would recommend staying here and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Hi review53,

Thank you for your review.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that breakfast was great.
We try to keep our pricing reasonable because we know if our guests get value for their money they will keep coming back.
Thank you again for taking the time to write this review and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We only spent the one night here on our way to Adelaide but found it to be a pleasant surprise. Modern comfortable rooms, a great dinner menu and a reasonable price. Well the cook did a good job too as the meal was very good. There is also off street parking under security lighting. What more could you want for a stop over?

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room and were given one at the back away from the road. It was very quiet.
Hi DMCC3,

Thankyou for taking the time to write this review.
We have a fantastic Chef and he will be pleased to know you enjoyed your meal.
I am glad your stopover was enjoyable and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Kind regards,

Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Buloke on Baillie. We made a very last minute booking on the internet and turned up 10 minutes later, the front desk staff were very accommodating and friendly and got us into our room straight away. The room was a good size, the bed was very comfortable. As we were on the ground floor there was a bit of noise from the cars passing by outside but nothing to really complain about.

There was a blackout in Horsham on one of the nights that we stayed so we weren't able to find anywhere to eat so we opted to eat at the Brasserie. I have to admit that I was hesitant but we were both really impressed with the food. I ordered the barramundi with king prawns served with roasted chats and veggies and it was delicious. I'd definitely eat there again. It's not cheap for a country-ish town but the food was good. Service in the restaurant was also very friendly and quite entertaining. The restaurant and the rooms have local Horsham wine 'Barangaroo' available, I recommend trying them if you stay - I really liked that they were supporting a local winery. The sparkling shiraz and the shiraz are both worth a try.

Overall, I'd definitely recommend staying here and will return again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard queen bed room and for a couple this was perfectly fine. The size of the roo...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi rinnikin,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

The Barramundi here is pretty fabulous and I'm glad you enjoyed the wines as well. Barangaroo is a great little boutique winery here and the owners Sheila and Chris are wonderful people. I'd recommend making time to pop in and visit them at their cellar door the next time you stay.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit with us.

St Kilda, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stopped here on the way to Adelaide, got a reasonable deal through wotif. This is apparently the newest hotel in Horsham, and you could tell.
Room: Very nice, very new. The room was quite spacious, very clean and had all requirements.

Staff: The lady at reception was very nice as was the man at checkout. And a very easy checkout may I add.

Parking: Heaps of it and very accessible.

Location: Very close to everything and on the main highway.

Amenities: This is the one thing I can be picky about, the shampoo, soap etc is all in big containers that you use. I hate that. I wish they had all the little shampoos and soaps. It always feel dirty using the big containers others use too. In saying that, the bathroom was nice and all worked well, and a good strong shower.

Would I recommend this place? definitely! Loved my stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from the main road.
Hi Coutsa,

Thank you for your review. Feedback like yours helps us to make sure every guest leaves here with the aim to come back again, and I appreciate the time it takes for you to do it.

I understand your feelings towards our amenities (it's something you share with a few other guests) and I was hesitant to use them myself when we first installed them, I thought they would be bulk low quality products.
I have since then come to believe that we did the right thing by installing the dispensers. The amount of plastic we used to dispose of (even with recycling) from the small bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, shaving cream and the plastic and cardboard wrappers on mini soaps was truly astounding when we added it all up.
The products we now use have reduced this waste to almost nothing and I have been very pleasantly surprised by the terrific quality of the products themselves.
As I said I do understand your feelings as I felt exactly the same myself at first, but now I truly believe we made the right (greener) choice in going with the dispenser style amenities.

Again thank you for writing this review, it is fabulous that guests take the time to let us know their thoughts and also to share them with others.
We look forward to your next visit.

Jaye Rogers

Been to Buloke on Baillie? Share your experiences!