“A real gem” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #221 of 359 Restaurants in Geelong
Melbourne, Australia
“A real gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Paninis is one of those cafes that attracts regulars. The coffee is good. Plenty of choices for lunch and decent seating inside and out. Their food is fresh and satisfying and the staff are always friendly. You can't go wrong here if a simple lunch is what you're after.

Visited November 2012

Geelong, Australia
“Don't bother”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

My friend and I went to Panini recently and I ordered a toasted vegetable panini.
Unfortunately there were two small squares of fetta, two small 3cm slices of roasted pumpkin, some onion and some spinach. All for a grand total of $9.50!!!!!!
Seriously - that's too much. You won't get me back there again.
I remember when Mary and her sister opened this cafe and how much pride they took - you don't have to be that greedy to make money!!!! Shame on you!

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Geelong
“Unpleasant experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

Recently ate here and the service was absolutely disgraceful. The older lady that served me at the counter lacked customer service skills and spoke to her staff in a very degrading way. Ordered a coffee and turkey panini, coffee arrived and the milk was burnt therefore i could not even drink the coffee, an additional charge of 50 cents to have my panini toasted??? is the price of your paninis not expensive enough for minimal fillings? Dont bother eating here unless u want rude low quality service that comes with highly overpriced food! Very disappointing.

Visited April 2012
Melbourne, Australia
“Quick and yummy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I'm a regual great food and specials, excellent coffee.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Won't bother next time”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

Today was only the second time I have visited Panini Cafe, my first experience was poor and now after a second visit I see nothing much has changed. Apart from having numerous people working no-one seemed to want to take my order, it was an embarrassing game of pass the buck with three different staff saying "service at counter, someone" yet no one acting on the instruction despite they could all see me standing there. After placing my order, the coffee's came out without much fuss or friendliness but twice I had to go back in to ask where my food order was. To which I was eventually told "yeh, its coming now". Food arrived long after the coffees had been finished and without even the slightest of apologies. With so many cafe options along Pakington Street, I won't be bothering again with Panini Cafe.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere