“Reliably excellent” 5 of 5 stars

(03) 5229 3110
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with
Le Parisien is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 446 Restaurants in Geelong
Cuisines: French
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“Reliably excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

One of those restaurants that ticks all the boxes, it has great food and authentic. The service is good and staff are pleasant. Hardly any spare tables.

Visited June 2012

Geelong, Australia
“FINE FRENCH DINING”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

This restaurant serves authentic French Cuisine and is located overlooking Geelong's fabulous Waterfront. Ideal setting for a special occasion. Staff are always well presented and knowledgeable about the menu, the service is what you would expect in a fine dining restaurant. The casualness of the dress code is noticeable but it doesn't distract from the ambience created. The food is very good but the menu needs to be changed more often.

Visited January 2013
Templestowe, Australia
“Completely satisfying first experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I feel compelled to write this review in complete contradiction of the most recent reviews by others. Saturday 12th January 2013 was a significant day in my life. My wife and I were spending an overnight stay in Geelong so we booked for dinner at Le Parisien. I had read the reviews by others and almost had second thoughts. Thankfully, I chose to ignore these and went. To say that the setting is simply stunning is an understatement. We were promptly taken to probably the best table location in the whole place. Friendly and 100% attentive service from the staff combined with completely balanced timing for delivery of the entree and mains together with timely topping of the wine left me wondering how could you not be impressed? The food was superb. Expensive? Yes, but not for what was delivered together with total sevice from their wait staff. Overall, I left highly impressed with the entirely satisfying evening.

• Visited January 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I did like the decor, very opulent and a lot of character (wooden beams, candelabras over flowed with wax from previous melted candles,history of the restaurant famous clientele as you walk up the flight of stairs, large white linen tables and a huge flower display) but at the end of the day- if I get bad service....It fails automatically. To top that off, the food was bad.... all I can remember was lots and lots of tasteless cream...

I'm a firm believer on you pay for what you get but I felt ripped off...

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Food_Traveler79
“"Christmas Lunch disappointment".”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

We decided to book Christmas lunch at Le Parisien as we have dined here before and enjoyed the meals. Considering it was Christmas Day one would expect something a little special. Upon arrival we found the ambience quite ordinary without even a Christmas decoration let alone a Christmas tree. The Service was very ordinary: We were offered a drink without the drink menu before we even sat down and we were not offered another drink until desert by the young inexperienced waiters who lacked communication skills as they dropped the plates on our table and snuck away as if to elude any eye contact and service (clearly cheap labour hire for the day). We selected the prawn cocktail for the entree which was bland and not de-veined. The ham and turkey of the main course was too salty and not very tender. More than one piece of the potato and pumpkin would have been appreciated. For $130.00 per head on Christmas Day without even a glass of champagne or a coffee included, was unacceptable. On a previous Christmas Lunch we journeyed to the 'Sky High' in Mt Dandenong. It was well worth the drive and our expectations were exceeded on a memorable occasion with a full smorgasbord that was mouthwatering which even came at a better price per head. Le Parisien you have 'Cashed In For Christmas'. We will not be back.

• Visited December 2012