“almost 40 years of dining here” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
port macquarie
“almost 40 years of dining here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We used to live a short walk from the original and its a bit like history to come back every now and then over perhaps forty or my father thinks 50 years and enjoy the quality of seafood and service. The outlook over the water is probably the best in Geelong. For lunch noone ordered the signature seafood platter. I really enjoyed the seafood casserole which I think to have the scallops just done beautifully and the sauce well thickened is something not many reasaurants have on their menu. The oysters pigalle have changed from fully shucked oysters to individual in the shell which was hinted by the individual price offered but my father felt not as good as their previous offer. Everyone enjoyed their meals and I'm sure you could take the fussiest person you wanted to impress or just enjoy their company. I did ask the waitress if the oysters Pigalle were named after the part of Paris where the raunchy Moulon Rouge and sex trade flourish to which she answered I don't know I'm not French.. I'm sure the french owner could inform his staff.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

58% Recommend
Geelong
“Special birthday, special experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

to celebrate my mothers birthday we enjoyed a great night out, fine food, terrific location and top service. thanks a great night.

Visited November 2012
London
“Just ok”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were given a voucher for this place, called and booked. 2 adults 2 kids. An unfriendly
Young male waiter greeted, sort of, us. We were shown to a table. Nothing was provided for the kids, luckily we had brought stuff to entertain them. Our kids eat out often and even at 4 and 5 have good manners. The French manager was there, he greeted the only other two tables outside and brought them their wine etc. he didn't even say hello to us or nod or anything. Food was mediocre. I know we had a voucher and kids with us, but to be honest we have eaten in 5 star restaurants all over the world and this is not o a par with even a cafe in France. There were only 5 tables in total occupied, so they were not busy. Very disappointing indeed. The only good thing was a friendly waitress.

• Visited November 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Victoria
“It's all in the locatin”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is a lovely restaurant right on the bay in Geelong. Not cheap but beautifully prepared food taking advantage of local cuisine. Service is good without being stuffy.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Werribee
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

It was our 8th Wedding anniversary and we celebrated it at Le Parisien, we had the seafood platter for 2 and had an amazing time eating all the yummy seafood, with a bottle of sparkling.

Visited October 2012