Stayed at quaility hotel geelong for what was supposed to be 1 night of rest, we booked a room with a balcony (as we are both smokers) but after checking in noticed we had no balcony. I called reception (while out for dinner) and were told they would move us to another room and when we arrive back at the hotel to go to reception.
When i went to reception i then had to go take my belongings from our room and put back in the car, then collect a new swipe card and move to new room which was only a few doors away. Moved into new room went to have shower, at first thought there was no hot water, eventually come hot after almost 5mins, then just about scalded me.
Later when we went to go to sleep, laid down in the bed, it was like laying on a concrete slab, the most uncomfortable matteress ever. We tried to get some sleep which was impossible as the mattress was soo hard and the pillows well may as well had no pillow (there was only 4 pillows for a king size bed, and all very small).
After 3 hours of tossing and turning trying to sleep on a slab of concrete enough was enough and we packed our belongs and checked out at 5am. We both had a sore neck, shoulders and hips which required physio treatment.
When we checked out we told the reception of our issue who replied 'if you had of told us then maybe we could have done something' but when we checked in we were told they were fully booked out. I wasnt going to move to room number 3 around midnight when i wanted to sleep, especially after a long day out. Reception said he would get the manager to contact us, but it never happened.
The booking site i used, i complained to, they tried to mediate between us and the hotel, but the hotel was not willing to contact us and would not even issue a partial refund.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong is located right on Corio Bay, 1.2 km's from the city center, where guests can enjoy stunning views or take leisurely strolls along the spectacular Geelong waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Quality Hotel Bayside Geelong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chifley Hotel And Apartments Geelong
- Chifley On The Esplanade Geelong