“Do not stay here” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Colonial Lodge Motel

Colonial Lodge Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Geelong
Colonial Lodge Motel
Save Saved
You added Colonial Lodge Motel to your Saves list
57-59 Fyans St | South Geelong, Geelong, Victoria 3220, Australia   |
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Geelong
Adelaide, Australia
“Do not stay here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Dirty, horrible hotel, even though I had booked online the owner demanded my credit card details and would not let me stay unless I gave it to him, he then wrote them down by hand in a diary, I have reported this practice to the bank. Rooms are old and dirty, car park is not big enough, very expensive for what it was

• Stayed March 2014

Couples
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Paris
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Terrible hotel. The owner is creepy and perverse. I was asked to give all my personal details and when I questioned the owner about that, he held my hand saying that I shouldn't worry. I am a female and told him to not touch me. He said that I should trust him and that the hotel is safe. Anyway, the bed had bed bugs crawling all over the mattress.lucky I saw the bed bugs, but I had to drive back home that night because all the other hotels were booked or closed ( it was midnight). The owner didn't want to refund me but luckily the booking website did. Advice: DO NOT STAY THERE!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2014
melbourne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is the worst run down dirty old motel left in Australia. The Air-con did not work,the smoke alarm was hanging from the ceiling with no battery (a legal requirement that it should work)the old analog tv had a top box that turned off all the time,stunk of new paint old junky furniture ,an absolute dog of a place.
Would not stay here for $20,let alone the $100 they extorted from me because the rest of Geelong was booked out.
Any positive feed back about this place is probable written by the owner.

Room Tip: Stay away.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at Colonial Lodge motel on 10th Jun 2013 We are happy with the price & Location. the price is very reasonable and the location is quiet good for a family.good services provided and so convenient for everything. good place to go

• Stayed June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

i stayed at Colonial lodge Motel on 29th of may the man at the reception (the same person who is very warm and helpful) the room is very bright, they have provide all the basic staff that i needed and the bed is very comfortable. i would like to recommend my friend to stay at Colonial Lodge in the furture and so do i

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I travel a considerable amount and had to my disgust book at this hotel due to Geelong been very busy on the Saturday. I called in the morning to confirm my booking and check in time and was immediately met with what was some of the poorest customer service I've encountered, questioning how I booked and quite forceful that if any extra people stay ill be charged. Putting that aside my brother arrived earlier than myself as he had to get ready for a wedding he was best man in, as soon as he walked in to reception he was confronted by an angry man demanding cards and questioning who we were, I soon arrived thinking my brother was been over the top, but I soon met with the same attitude where we both felt like criminals, even to the point he was yelling at us and waiving a ruler at my brothers face. I asked for a refund which was refused and we left, been forced to sleep on couches in a shed after our friends wedding because we felt safer there than at colonial inn!!! Beware do not stay here, and I'm surprised this guy is allowed to operate a business... Potentially through double booking rooms and scaring people away!

• Stayed November 2012
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

It's not pretty, or modern, but the Colonial will provide you with all you need if you just want a place to rest your head.

I booked the Colonial for 2-day/1-night stay, as I knew I would be out all day, and just needed a bed and a shower. It had the basics, a queen bed, TV, mini fridge, loo, shower, desk, air con and enough power points for my chargers. They offer breakfast which I cant vouch for, but is handy if you need it.

It's about 2.5km south of the centre of town, 25 mins walking. But there is a bus stop close by where you can get any one of the many buses that run into the centre of town. You wont be left feeling stranded, and there's plenty of takeaway and restaurants close by. (Mind you, the walk into town is nice.) For the V/Line commuters, Geelong South train station is nearby as well, so you wont have to cart your luggage down from the centre of town.

Owner was friendly (albeit a little over-friendly) but helpful. The grounds are nothing to write home about.

Book the Colonial with low expectations and an open mind, and enjoy the affordable convenience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to Colonial Lodge Motel? Share your experiences!