“fantastic” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aberdeen Motor Inn

You added Aberdeen Motor Inn to your Saves list
Aberdeen Motor Inn
3.5 of 5 Small Hotel   |   9 Aberdeen Street, Geelong, Victoria 3220, Australia   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Geelong B&B and Inns
Mornington
“fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

For the past 4 months and 4 days per week I stayed at the Aberdeen Mote in Geelong. I could not believe that negative feed back I saw. Maybe they stayed at another motel as I only found Shelley, John and Leslie more than accommodating. If it was that poor I would not subject myself to a less than standard motel. The breakfast is more than a mouthful and the room has more than you would need.

Do yourself a favour and experience it for yourself you won't be disappointed! !!!!

Room Tip: Room 7 is my favorite just a great location in motel
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Hello Gaileen.

Thanks for taking the time to write a review .It is uplifting for management and staff to hear your
comments, it makes it all worthwhile. We also enjoyed having you here. We all miss you especially Little Ella.
Look forward to see you on your next stay
Regards Shellie

See you on you next stay
Regards Shellie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Victoria
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Was booked to stay while in Geelong on business. The "Hosts" were a disgrace. They were the perfect example of why some people should not work in the hospitality industry. They were rude, unhelpful, unprofessional, sloppy, non-apologetic (for mistakes that THEY made) and made me feel very unwelcome indeed. The reception area reeked of stale cigarette smoke and the rooms were of a very poor standard. Housekeeping was ad-hoc to say the least. I came back to the hotel after a busy day of meetings to find the room un-serviced and received no apology for this. My simple request for clean towels was dealt with begrudgingly. The so-called "complimentary breakfast buffet" did not happen at all (I suspect the "hosts" preferred a sleep-in rather than service their guests). Quite simply, the people that run this establishment should get out of the hospitality industry, as their attitude stinks. I would never, ever, ever recommend this place to anybody as an accommodation option. There are much better options in and around Geelong for around the same price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Victoria ......... Regarding your “Rude and unwelcoming review”
We note the remarkable heading.
Both you and your friend we given a heavily discounted price for a refurbished twin room.
You were both offered a FULL FREE continental breakfast selection.
Your order was taken with a smile to your room personally by me on a tray each day our dining room was closed.
Inc. fresh ‘Evia’ yogurt, stewed fruit, homemade ’’ Bircher’ ’muesli with 15 ingredients, plus your selection of fresh breads for toasting.
You complained because there was no Soy milk suppled to your room.so I supplied that...’ You protested because we neglected to put orange juice on your tray, woops, that was also supplied with a smile and apology.
I do agree your room was mistakenly not serviced one day .I came to your room full of apologies with two fresh towels as soon as you called reception.
Last and not least you wanted a misleading recite on departure, when management refused you became irritated.............. To the rest I say ‘’Beam me up Scotty ’’
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

As mentioned above, my husband & I couldn't resist planning & indeed making a second visit to the Aberdeen Motor Inn! Yet again we had a thoroughly relaxing, entirely enjoyable stay. We were in a different room this time & yet again the bed was perfect, enabling us to have a full & refreshing nights sleep. Breakfast did not disappoint & we made sure this time to get downstairs earlier than on our previous visit so that we could fully enjoy everything on offer. And enjoy we did!! Just as on our first visit, our hosts went above & beyond to ensure that we had a wonderful time & nothing is too much effort for them. Regarding the décor, it is absolutely wonderful! We were privileged to be allocated Room 16 this time, which has been decorated in a 'retro' style. [Photos are attached]. The furniture is lovely, being fun and comfortable whilst highlighting the fantastic original fittings & design of this great building. We absolutely love the shower, with it's rails, curtain & giant base. Cleanliness was of a high standard in all areas & the rooms quite spacious. In summary, the Aberdeen Motor Inn has everything you could possible need. The old fashioned / retro style features are so enjoyable & are matched perfectly by the inns modern conveniences. We were thrilled to learn & in fact see how the rooms along the front are being decked out in décor that compliments & highlights the accommodations grand history. The Aberdeen is wonderful value. The buffet breakfast is included in the cost of your room & the rates charged are incredibly reasonable. Clean, fun, attractive, comfortable, relaxing, fulfilling, welcoming, stylish, brave & spacious, one need look no further than the Aberdeen Motor Inn for a totally satisfying stay! We certainly will be going back. :) Thank you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Thank your once again Beck for your terrific review; we are amazed by your positive comments.
We are not really ready yet to promote the rooms as they still need a lot of the furnishing and final touches .Should have it in place soon through..
We are also refurbing the bathrooms and should be ready by the end of June.
See you again soon I hope.
Regards Shellie.
Mount Gambier, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Originally booked this motel as it was one of the cheaper options for an overnight stay close to the CBD. Had an exam at the Tafe college which is about 2 min walk away. Check out is 10am but the Owners kindly let me leave my car there until my exam finished at 2pm, am very grateful for that. Rooms were very clean and an excellent selection of breakfast was laid out. Also they have a lovely little dog that greets you on arrival. Will defiantly be back next time I am in Geelong.

Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hi there, it was nice to have you stay also, I believe you have a fan in little Ella.
Once again congrats on you pass. Hope to see you again next time your back this way. Regards Shellie.
Norfolk, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

A great location for local shops, train/bus station, restaurants and the beautiful beach. My room felt like 'home from home' and had a particular English and tasteful touch to the decor, it was also very clean and comfortable.
I thought it was excellent value as the room was furnished with a large flatscreen TV, microwave, tea making facility, toaster and fridge. With continental breakfast, polite and helpful staff providing exeptional hospitality. My window view looked onto a pleasant courtyard with waterfall.
Aberdeen Motel in my book is highly recommended and I would certainly come again hence my title.

Room Tip: Gound floor had easy access and able to get wi fi connections/skype. Soundproof was also good.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Guest
Thanks for your positive remarks, is always a wonderful for both management and staff to
get positive feed back.
Regards Shellie.
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

My room was very clean, with a big TV and equipped with microwave, urn, toaster and comfortable bed. Easy walk or very short drive to the CBD and the shore-front, and similarly to the restaurant strip. The staff were very helpful in pointing me in the direction of places to dine out. Easy access to the A10 for my road trip to the Great Ocean Drive and visiting the 12 Apostles. Happy with my choice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

My second stay at the Aberdeen Motor Inn.

The room was perfectly clean, well equipped and maintained, and management I found very accommodating and affable. The motel is very close to the city being only a few blocks away. It's also a 15 minute walk to the rail station and car hire which I found useful.

I was there during a busy period and found no noise evident form other guests. All rooms are non-smoking which I appreciate.

I found it best to phone for a reservation and a follow up confirmation email was kindly sent to me immediately.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
sleepeasygroup, Owner at Aberdeen Motor Inn, responded to this review, February 23, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback. It’s important to us; all our guests are comfortable and happy.
We are pleased our rooms are clean whe're trying to achieve a good standard.
We will certainly look forward to welcoming you back. Regards Shellie

Been to Aberdeen Motor Inn? Share your experiences!