“Awesome Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Echuca
Adelaide
“Awesome Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

My husband and I needed a place to stay in the area to break up our trip. We looked up the Nirebo Hotel and booked a Petite Room through their website.... It is cheaper if you book that way. On arrival we were greeted by a pleasant receptionist. Wifi was free and so were the two drinks in the fridge. The name of the room describes it to a tee...Petite. It may have been small in size, but certainly roomy enough for us. It has all you need, a wardrobe, table and 2 chairs a TV with some austar channels, tea and coffee facilities and a roomy shower. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
NireboMgr, Manager at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Dear Jadance

I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in one of our smallest rooms. Over the course of my career in hotels I have had the "pleasure" of having to describe a hotels smallest room in a positive light - some of these rooms have been substantially smaller then the one you stayed in.

After buying this business and seeing that these rooms were not actively being sold I had to be creative as I think for single people or people traveling on a budget they are fantastic. After all you really only sleep in the room.

Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Dural, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

This is supposedly a 4 star motel and is trading on their good location towards the centre of town. However, the motel is looking quite dated and our room was very basic with a glass front door and curtains that gaped at the edges which permitted passers-by to observe us in bed. We had stayed in many other 4 star motels during the previous week and in comparison, this place needs to lift their game.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
NireboMgr, Manager at Nirebo Motel, responded to this review, October 29, 2010
Dear Kenthurstian

Whilst I agree we have a fantastic location I also believe we offer great value for money. I agree that we are not the most modern but we are clean and well kept. It would have been great to hear of your concerns whilst you were here as I am certain the gaping curtain was due to a clip coming off the runner and could have been fixed straight away.

I hope we might get a chance to see you again in the future.

Regards
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2010

Arriving at the Nirebo the staff were surprisingly quite snide and rude. The room itself was very basic, but comfortable, the large t.v was great but the bathroom was very unappealing. Noisy fan system and thin windows made for a noisy night from the local pubs and patrons near by. It was also over-priced for what was received in comparison to other accommodation in the area, you're really paying for the location which is right on the port. Very pretty. Unfortunately did not enjoy my stay there at all.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2010

My boyfriend and myself just recently stayed at the Nirebo Motel as a last minute decision. We were a bit early for check in but we were allowed in straight away. The room we stayed in was pretty basic (may require a bit of updating) but the most important part was that the room was extremely clean & spacious for our needs. Was disappointed to hear that the pool & especially the spa area were closed for no apparent reason but there were plently of over things to do & see due to the great location that this Motel is in all within short walking distance. The only bad comment I have is to do with the rudeness of the other guests who were staying at the motel. It was quite obvious that a large group of guests had been out for the night and were pretty drunk (which I dont have a problem with - each to their own) but were extremely loud (screaming, shouting) in conversations especially outside our door which had the 'do not disturb' sign. When these idiots got the their room on the 2nd floor, it was like they were jumping on the stairs and along the hall way, and continued with their drunken antics!! Maybe the motel may need to think about double glazing the windows that face out to the carpark ? or kindly reminding guests to be considerate or others esp at 3am. In all, I was happy with the stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

The position of this motel is convenient.
Opposite are restaurants, cafes etc.
We were arriving very late so I phoned ahead to alert them & they left key out for me.
Room was clean, comfortable, even have their own monogrammed linen!
Bathroom/shower is slightly older style - but still "did the job".
I have a feeling that we could have been in an older part of the Motel .... but was fine

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
GEELONG
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2010

We traveled along the East coast for about 10days booking motels via Expedia. We had one disappointment(They said there was a pool,but when we arrived the pool was actually across the road AND it was the local pool!!!)
When we looked at Nirebo,what we liked was the room choice.As we are the type to only sleep and shower in our room,we become annoyed at paying exorbitant prices for rooms with additives we don't require.
We booked a "Petite"room. Sure it was petite by room standards,but it was perfect for a couple,like us, who only want the bed and shower.It was very clean and neat,with an up tp date t.v and Austar,if you are in tothat as well as a toaster if you want a quick no fuss breakfast.
Another bonus about the Nirebo is it is so central to everything in Echuca. Leave the car and walk.
The staff were friendly and most certainy made us feel welcome.There was a pool and it too was clean. A further bonus at staying here was the free internet usage. All other places we stayed in either had none or a pay for time fee.
We are already taking about our return.
Would definitely recommend!!!GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY.
Rob and Craig

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Bonbi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

When we were planning our trip to Echuca we jumped on the internet to do some research and came across the Echuca Nirebo Motel. The last review raved about the place saying it was flawless. It was some time ago so we thought things could have changed so we rang the motel and received remarkable service from the first contact. I travelled with my husband who suffers from serious arthritis and sometimes needs a wheelchair.

Undecided about whether we would bring our own wheelchair the staff said not to bother as they could hire one for us for a mere $6 per day. When we arrived at the hotel the chair was there waiting for us even though we had not indicated that we required it. Lucky for us as the weather played havic with my husband and he needed it for the first 2 days. We only got charged for the 2 days hire even though the wheelchair was there and available to us for the whole 7 days we were there.

Outside of this it was amazing that all the staff would always go above and beyond the norm to help you. I really cannot convey how unusual this level of service is in today's world.

I do not normally write reviews or recommend places but this hotel deserves it. I challenge anyone to find a more hosptitable place - anywhere in the world.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Nirebo Motel? Share your experiences!