“Another great Quest property” 4 of 5 stars

You added Quest Bendigo to your Saves list
Quest Bendigo
489 High Street, Bendigo, Victoria 3550, Australia   |
Melbourne, Australia
“Another great Quest property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Have stayed in numerous Quest serviced apartments over the years, and haven't been disappointed - this is another such example. We were here for a couple of nights in a 2 BR, 2BA apartment, which was clean, comfortable and everything worked as it should.
However, we had thought we were booking Quest Central which is a bit closer to town - and apparently this is a common mistake that's made, so beware when you're booking on-line!
It's a few kms out of the main drag, but despite being on the main road, there wasn't any traffic noise at all. The KS bed was firm but comfortable - if I was to be a princess and the pea type I'd say the pillows weren't the best, despite there being a range of soft and hard ones there... but that's just me, fussy about my pilllows!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo and I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property.

We share all reviews with staff and use them as a way to continually improve our processes and property presentation, with the ultimate goal of improving guests experience when staying at Quest Bendigo.

We are pleased you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope to see you again when next visiting Bendigo.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

On this occasion there were four of us travelling,my wife and I, and my geriatric parents, just needing 2 nights. We book a 3 room unit and try to get 3 bathrooms, which does limit our options. On most occasions we have to settle for 2 bathrooms as was the case in Bendigo.I asked for ground floor and this was not a problem, paper in the morning, not a problem so its worth saying that the reception staff were very helpful.(not always the case in serviced apartments). I was able to park outside the door of the apartment, which was especially useful on this occasion. We had ample room to sit and watch television as well as to cook, finding the facilities quite adequate. We were beside the main road but found that the traffic noise was negligible ( the police even set up a RBT unit for entertainment). I am not sure if the building is relatively new or an older property which has had a major makeover. Nevertheless, it looked modern and we will use it again if passing through Bendigo

Room Tip: Ask for downstairs if you cant manage a few steps.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are please that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

All reviews are discussed with staff to assist in the continuous improvement of our guest's experience when staying at Quest Bendigo.

We look forward to welcoming you back when next traveling to Bendigo.

David Beer
Franchisee
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We booked a room here at the last minute to spend a weekend in Bendigo as we have highly valued other 'Quest' accommodation and were not let down. Prepaid for a one bedroom but got a 2 bedroom upgrade on arrival. The managers were lovely and very helpful with any queries we had regarding restaurants and all things touristy!!! Clean, comfortable and accommodating. A little out of date but absolutely great for couples, groups or families.

Room Tip: Great base for lots of walks around a wonderful country city.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Thank you for your review. My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo.

We review all online feedback and share with our staff and appreciate the time you have taken to comment on your recent stay at the property.

We welcome guest feedback both positive and negative and use it as a way to continually improve our processes and property presentation, with the ultimate goal of improving guests experience when staying at Quest Bendigo.

Thank you again for completing your review, we hope to see you again when next visiting Bendigo.
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Typical Quest Apartment - very clean, corporate and well fitted out however - be warned - 4 items which made our stay not 100% satisfied - 1/ overpriced - on speaking with friends who stayed in Bendigo on same peak weekend they got a similar apartment 20% less per night- then they tried to increase price for used of pull out bed which was already negotiated in the price! 2/ Traffic noise woke me 3 times during the night - property on the main road into Bendigo 3/ Wireless internet - tried to charge for same( most accommodation houses now include with tariff) and then would not work in our apartment- only worked in reception!- however able to get next doors( motel) wireless ! - so my laptop was working well- management tried to blame my computer 4/ Under floor heating made apartment way too hot! - Suggest there are better options in Bendigo

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
My name is Robyn Beer and I am the franchisee of Quest Bendigo.
I sincerely regret that your stay, on this occasion, was less than satisfactory.

Rates do vary in the accommodation industry and are dependent on many variables, time of booking, length of stay, availability etc. After discussion with all related providers and staff rostered during your stay, I believe all other concerns that you may have had, were addressed accordingly.

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate all feedback, as it assists us with the continual improvement of all aspects of the business.

Kind regards,
Robyn Beer
Warrnambool, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed as a large group and paid a lot of money for accommodation. Another group that stayed there used the BBQ and were quite noisy though the evening. The next night we went to use the BBQ and it was filthy. We went to reception to see who's responsibility it was to clean the BBQ and the receptionist was quite abrupt and said it was quests responsibility but being a long weekend there were no maintenance men there so it was up to us, and she said they ( the group that used it earlier) are probably going to use it tonight. I said but they still should have cleaned it and she replied that she wasn't sticking up for them but she acted very superior, rude and abrupt. We asked for some paper towel to clean it and she gave us some then said take some newspaper too it cleans well. OMG I have been in customer service for almost 20 years and I would never leave my job to a paying customer. I have stayed at a lot of Quest apartments all over Australia. I get paid by my company to travel and along with my personal trips Quest are my favorite places to stay and this was the worst service that I have ever had. In regards to cleanliness of the apartments it was great. Pity about the reception.

Room Tip: Some of my companions had a room facing the main road and didn't sleep well because of traffic...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property and voice your concerns. I personally review all online feedback together with our staff.

It is disappointing to hear of your less than satisfactory experience. This has been discussed with the individual staff member involved and all other staff members to highlight and reinforce the importance of the guest experience at all times and in all situations.

As a valued guest, I would like to thank you for your feedback in assisting us to recognise this specific issue and can assure you that such an event is extremely rare at Quest Bendigo.

Thank you again for completing your review, we look forward to seeing you back at our property again when next visiting Bendigo

Should you wish to discuss this review in detail, I can be contacted at the property during business hours.
melbourne,vic
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

The apartments are of a high standard. They are new looking, very clean, and spacious. I stayed in a one bedroom on a business trip to Bendigo. It was a Sunday night, there was no noise it was very quiet! I arrived late and staff called me to organise a drop box for keys. Staff are kind and very professional couldn't speak higher of my stay here, though only short.

• Stayed December 2012
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo and would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property..

Thank you again for completing your review, we trust we will see you again when next visiting Bendigo.
melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

This property has all the things you expect from a Quest. Clean and tidy with a nice kitchen. It is quite a way out of town and the dining options are limited. I was towards the back of the property so had no problem with traffic noise. Make sure you keep the room key in your pocket as all external doors (including that on to the balcony) can only be opened by a key.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo.

I personally review all online feedback together with our staff and appreciate the time you have taken to review the property.

Been to Quest Bendigo? Share your experiences!