“Rough around the edges” 2 of 5 stars

489 High Street, Bendigo, Victoria 3550, Australia   |
Devonport, Australia
“Rough around the edges”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Staff were fantastic, but I was let down by a number of other things. The rooms are dated and very bland, we found rubbish under the beds whilst looking for our kids toys, even though we were set back one room from the very busy main road, traffic noise kept us awake all night. The manager assured us the windows were double glazed but on closer inspection they are just single glaze and thin at that. Most anoning of all was the hotel wireless network would not allow me to use my wireless card by effectivly blocking it so I had no choice but to pay them $13 for 24hrs use of their wireless. Bendigo is a great city but hotel, motel choices are very limited and the standard is below other areas in Australia. I'd try not to stay here again.

Room Tip: Chose a room far away from the road
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property and voice your concerns regarding some issues during your stay.
I personally review all online feedback together with our staff and appreciate the time you have taken to review the property.

All apartments are continually updated as part of a cyclic programme and are due for a repaint and equipment upgrade this year.

With regard to cleaning standards, we continually receive favourable comments from guests on apartment’s cleanliness; however we will review your comments with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure standards are consistently achieved.

The apartment windows are double glazed with all opening balcony doors glazed with 10mm safety glass to reduce outside noise.

The property offers a wireless broadband service available to all apartments and I can assure you that there are no blocking restrictions on guests wishing to use their own ISP connection devise. The connectivity issue would have been with your Internet Service Provider that you were trying to connect with.

We welcome guest feedback both positive and negative and use it as a way to continually improve our processes and property presentation, with the ultimate goal to improve our guests’ experience when staying at Quest Bendigo.

Should you wish to discuss this review in detail, I can be contacted at the property during business hours.

62 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Melbourne Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I booked three rooms as part of a business trip. All the rooms were clean and the apartments had a lot more space than your standard motel. It was good to have a kitchen and lounge area as well as the bedrooms.
The staff were very friendly and check in and out was quick and simple.
The Bendigo Quest is a few kilometres friom the centre of Bendigo but this is not a problem as it is less than 5 minutes by car even allowing for "peak hour".

Room Tip: We got a good discount by booking through Wotif.com.au
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, May 12, 2012
My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo.
I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property.
Thank you again for completing this review, we hope to see you again when next visiting Bendigo.
Kangaroo Flat
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

Just stayed at Quest Bendigo on High Street and went to see the Easter actives. Bendigo is pumping and the facilities and service at Quest were great. I hear there is another Quest in town as well so i will try that one next time.

Room Tip: Look out for deals with Quest that include shows or exhibitions such as Grace Kelly.
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly upgrading and improving our facilities, so all feedback, whether positive, or negative, is important to us and greatly appreciated. We look forward to being of service again whenever required.
Adelaide
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

Booked a room over Easter 2 months in advance. On day we are travelling Quest contact us about lunch time. The room is unavailable due to "maintenance". Made no attempt to find other equivalent accommodation. Care factor: zero!!

davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, April 18, 2012
My name is Robyn Beer and I am the franchisee of Quest Bendigo.
It saddens me to read the feedback from our Easter guest travelling from Adelaide with his family. Unfortunately, there are situations beyond our control and such was the case on this occasion. We had a maintenance issue that could not be fixed, due to it being a public holiday. This is an unfortunate circumstance in the accommodation industry and often in holiday periods, is beyond our control.
This booking was also made through Wotif.com whose policy is that all communication with guests is done through them.
A Quest Bendigo staff member did contact Wotif to advise that we were unable to honour the booking and that we had found them alternative accommodation at another Bendigo property.
I wish to stress that the comment by Neil C is not correct as we were able to find alternative accommodation for the family well before they arrived in Bendigo. They were informed of the situation at the time by Wotif and feedback from the property where they stayed indicated that they were happy with their stay and had no complaints.
We would never leave our guests stranded. The comfort of everyone is our prime concern at all times.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

Fair accommodation but I'm tiring of quest apartments due to poor maintenance schedules and not being clean enough for me. Eg ceiling fan kept falling off and cleaner would shove back on only for a repeat the next day. Window sills were full of dirt and hadn't been cleaned in a long while. No tea towels provided and had to use a bathroom hand towel. Sofa in poor condition and very uncomfortable.

• Stayed April 2012
My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo.
I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us however we cannot fix maintenance issues at the time of stay unless they are reported to reception staff who would then arrange for our maintenance man to fix. Missing linen would have been replaced immediately if reported at time of stay.
With regard to cleaning standards, we continually receive favourable comments from guests on apartments cleanliness, however as previously stated we will review your comments with our Executive Housekeeper to ensure our standards are consistently achieved.
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was looking forward to staying at the Quest Bendigo with my family. On arrival the staff was very friendly and helpful, but once we entered the room, I was very disappointed. Firstly I would like to say, for a 4 star apartment I was very disappointed, our room (#11) was smelly, the smell was so bad I had to open all doors and windows to alleviate the smell, I asked at Reception if something could be done about it and was advised to run the taps or it could be a dead rodent between the walls. The smell was so consuming I had to sleep with all the windows open. Needless to say, if I could find suitable accommodation at such short notice, I would have moved my whole family elsewhere.
Furthermore, the facilities in the kitchen were very basic (utensils etc) and generally the apartment looked very out dated, was a little dingy and dirty (especially the walls), the TV was very small and internet access was expensive. One positive, the staff were lovely.

My name is David Beer and I am the Franchisee of Quest Bendigo.
I am disappointed that your stay with us did not get off to a good start with the odour in the apartment. We would have moved you immediately if able to but unfortunately there were no other apartments available on that date. Our maintenance man inspected the apartment immediately after your departure and could not locate the cause of the odour which had disappeared.
The apartments are continually updated as part of a cyclic programme and are due for a repaint and equipment upgrade this year.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

I arrived at 8.30pm and departed at 6.50am so without the benefit of daylight I can offer this:

Huge room! I was in room 12 (the Fortuna building) and I had a 2 bedroom apartment with a queen and twin beds, large kitchen. Two double couches in a TV area (some pay channels and all the usual digital free to air) and a large dining table and chairs. You could happily fit a family of four/five in there with no problems. Nice bathroom with ceiling heat (lovely on a cold morning) and fluffy warm towels as well.

Well stocked mini-bar, including coffee for a plunger - so much nicer than the sachets of instant although I think they were there too. Looks to be a pool and bbq area which are quite nice.

All in all, clean and roomy. Be aware this is a couple of km's out of Bendigo central but not a problem if you have a car - I also got a call from reception checking when I am likely to arrive. It's on the main road and easy to find.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
davrob26, Owner at Quest Bendigo, responded to this review, April 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you found us in the dark and enjoyed your stay with us. We are constantly upgrading and improving our facilities, so all feedback, whether positive, or negative, is important to us and greatly appreciated. We look forward to meeting you once again, when next in Bendigo.

Been to Quest Bendigo? Share your experiences!