I stayed in the motel in winter 2007 on a 'father son' trip. The layout of the motel is a little unusual, especially as far as the entrance/exit is concerned. We booked the suite, which had a separate bedroom, and when we got up to the room we found it very comfortable, modern, with nice facilities. Unfortunately, the first drawback was the lack of a heater in the bathroom. Ballarat is freezing in winter time, and the bathroom was very cold without any heating. That said, the bathroom was otherwise flawless. Sparkling clean, large, modern, it even had a spa bath. As far as in-room entertainment goes, the room was equipped with 2 flat screen LCD TVs in each room, but unfortunately these were a) too small, b) too high up on the wall (in the main living room), and c) incorrectly set up (i.e. the picture was full screen but it was stretched to widescreen, resulting in distortion). That said, the selection of TV channels was great. There were about 5-8 Foxtel channels, including Movie Network.
When it came time to go to bed, the next disappointment set in. In the separate bedroom, in which I was sleeping, the bed was very firm. I can't sleep on firm beds - I need a soft bed, so I did not get good quality sleep that night. Not only that, but the blinds in the room were inadequate in keeping out light. They were wooden blinds, and even when closed, there were gaps in between the blinds and around the window, which let in PLENTY of light when the sun came up in the morning, making it very difficult to sleep. Especially as there were windows on 2 of the 4 walls in the room. Curtains would suit the room much better. Also, as the room was facing the corner of two streets, there was some traffic noise as well.
The manager of the hotel was very friendly, but there was no leeway on the checkout time of 10am. Apparantly the room we were in was in high demand and the time was unable to be extended, which is fair enough.
Would I return? Unfortunately, due to the quality of sleep I got, I probably wouldn't. Which is sad, because the hotel was fine in every other way.
- Also Known As:
- Seymours On Lydiard Ballarat
- Seymours On Lydiard Ballarat, Victoria
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 4 star Motel with a variety of suites. Deluxe, Superior, Luxury Villa's and a 2 bedroom Family Suite. We also have a gorgeous 4 bedroom fully furnished house on site. Free undercover parking, free Austar and free WiFi. Guest laundry and room service is available. We also have a Hotel Restaurant/Cafe/Bar on site as well. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Seymours on Lydiard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.