“Room service” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
“Room service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

After a long day and in bad weather we splurged on room service from the Three Steps. Not bad at all, a little pricey, but not as much as alot of room service. Food was prompt and hot and steak cooked as requested.

Visited July 2014

“Flawless to say the least!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Staying at the beautiful colonial Launceston, i was initially concerned with going to the resteraunt next door as i have had bad experiences in the past! May i say this has restored a lot of faith in me! Being our honeymoon I wanted something nice, simple but elegant with great food, and this certainly lived up! We were looked after by the brilliant Rachel and Stuart! Punctual, friendly service (without being over the top) and one of the greatest meals I have had in a VERY long time, so good I even offered to pay extra as i felt it was grossly under priced!

Will certainly be back, thanks again for making night one of our honeymoon as amazing as it has been!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Launceston, Australia
“Mixed Review”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We went there last night for dinner (4 people). The other 3 meals were large (man-sized) and I ordered the main size of Chilli Salt and Pepper Squid. My meal was really really small - totally inadequate for a main. I wondered in the rush, whether the chef had given me an entrée?

When we arrived it was quite busy (Friday night) and we wouldn't have got a table without a booking. The wait staff were very nice, but there were no enough for the amount of patrons.
We waited a long time to see the special board, so probably about 40 minutes to have our orders taken (we didn't ask to see the specials board, but they gave us drink promptly). We then waited close to 90 minutes for our meals (we were the last by a long way). The waitress told us that there was a large group downstairs (for events) that had ordered about the same time as us. I noticed that the table next to us were quite unhappy with their wait too. Staff were friendly and doing their best - but I got the impression that they were stressed (and maybe new).

I also noticed that people were queued up to pay, and there was not a single staff member in the restaurant. I am surprised that no-one walked out without paying. The waitress explained later that she couldn't get the computer to work, and she had to go downstairs for help.

The restaurant is quite nice and cosy with the woodfire - and it was easy to have a conversation (no echo). We would go again, but I would order differently.

We ordered desserts (crème brulee) and they were what you would expect.
We saw kids at the restaurant - so family friendly. Recommended!

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Devonport, Australia
“lovely setting and the food was fantastic. Love to stay again soon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Loved everything about the Colonial Hotel in Launceston. Fresh hot pancakes were a real treat. Loved the showpice of honey comb too.

Visited July 2014
Queenstown, Tasmania, Australia
“It's a must”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Warm fire, great service by the friendly staff who went out of their way. The food was delicious and the whole place just had a great atmosphere. Highly recommended. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited May 2014