“Memorable meal :)” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Leigh On Sea
“Memorable meal :)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We celebrated a family 21st with a private party here for lunch. We were given a private room, surrounded by fine wines, called the cellar- it was lovely. Food, service etc was superb and we had our own waitress. We also had breakfast there with lovely views from the restaurant over the river. There is a very nice shop at the top at street level. We didn't pay, but I recommend!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

I had a table booked for 4 & then had 4 more people want to join us at the last minute. Despite The restaurant being fully booked, they went out of their way to accommodate us. Kudos to them for that.
The food was delicious & the service was superb. Really glad we went.
Best restaurant in Launceston!

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Fab food and wine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Lovely experience.
We visited for Sunday lunch. The food portions were generous, and very tasty. My husband had the fish and chips which he said was amazing, and included 4 pieces of fish. I had the asian squid salad, which was also tasted and contains loads of squid.
Gift shop attached is lovely too....the only thing missing for us was baby changing facilities

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Launceston, Australia
“Stingy service with ripped off price!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

My fiancee and I went for lunch today and it was quite a disappointing dining experience. I ordered King Island beef sirloin and it states that it wound be MR which means medium rare. The meat was over cooked and it certainly is not medium rare.
Being a meat lover, I have been to many top market restaurants like The Prime Steakhouse and Kingsley's steakhouse in Sydney, I feel the portion of meal and the way they cook do not meet the high standard of steak. The meal was overprice and the portion of the meal was quite small. I was given two pieces of overcooked sirloin and two small pieces of homemade gnocchi. I have to say the steak could be better if it's not overcooked but homemade gnocchi was tasty. For the price of 31 dollars as such a small portion meal, I feel this is definitely a ripped off.
I accidentally knock off my wine and only left a quarter in the glass but the waitress did no offer to top up the wine which is quite stingy.
For my fiancee's meal, he had white fish, the fish was very nice, but the portion of rice was about 3 mouth fulls on some kind of sauce tray. This is another rip off, how do you eat the meal with three mouthful's of rice? We did ask for more rice and they obliged.Tourists maybe happy to pay this price but I believe Launceston people would not agree, we walked out still hungry after an expensive experience.
We strongly believe this certainly is not the right way to rip customers off to run a sustainable successful business in Launceston or anywhere.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Bundaberg Aust
“Benchmark Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I had dined here some years and was very impressed. Since then I have recommended it to friends who were travelling to Tasmania and all commented on how much they enjoyed the experience. On this occasion I dined with my wife and a friend for lunch. Iam happy to say the standard has been maintained. The food was outstanding. I must also comment on the staff who are so well trained and unobtrusive as they go about their work. Wonderful location and a must if you are in Launceston

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere