“Hip and Happening Dining” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #39 of 230 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Brasserie
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Pierre's has been operating for more than 50 Years and is a true Launceston Icon. With now 3 Consecutive Hats to its name ( AGFG ) it is the perfect place for Breakfast lunch or Dinner. Bookings Highly Recommended !
Gold Coast
“Hip and Happening Dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Another recomended restaurant by our hotel, wasn't sure about this one till I went and checked out the menu , booked a table immediately. Wasn't disappointed , quite surprised how good this dining experience was , certainly not expecting such a high standard . Food, service ambience simply brillant , fine dining experience in a laid back relaxed fashion .

Visited November 2012

tasmania
“Only had one meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

It is a beautifully appointed restaurant but I miss the old decor that it replaced. It was a time warp, old French style decor. This is a great serious date night, I ate at lunch and it was a bit average. I would love to go here more and try other dishes.

Hobart, Australia
“Uninspiring”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Called in for dinner with international friends due in part to the good reviews we had been told about. A touch lacking we all thought and I left feeling disappointed. Oysters for entree were lackluster. Mains were nothing flash we thought. Wife did enjoy her dessert. We did enjoy the wines - as one does.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This small restaurant-brasserie located in the middle of Launceston appears a little bland from the outside but once you are seated you realise you have uncovered a little gem. The interior décor is attractive, the service excellent and the food stunning. I was luck enough to be taken there for lunch this week and it was delightful – from the sourdough bread and olive oil, the beautiful olives and the courses first rate. Only after the event did I find Pierre’s has 2 hats awarded and I can see how. Allow yourself adequate time, revel in the menu choices and wine list. I’ll be back. It is worth a special trip to Launceston.

Visited November 2012
Tweed Valley NSW
“Long standing and the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I'd always missed Pierre's because of the timing of my visits but this time was able to at last experience what I'd heard about from so many people. This restaurant is an institution in this city and for good reason. I went there for breakfast, and if this is any indication I'm back there every time for any meal any day! Menu was perfect, service was outstanding, food was perfect! I've eaten at quite a few other places in this town and none compare in my opinion. Do yourself a favour.

• Visited October 2012