“Great Italian food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 230 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Novaro's Italian Restaurant is located in the heart of Launceston. The intimate 32 seat restaurant has been established for 21 years. Chef Nicholas Hooper offers local seafood, try the Flinders Island greenlip abalone in truffle oil, game and meats on his extensive menu.
Lismore, Australia
“Great Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I am not usually a great fan of Italian food but this was excellent. Well appointed and excellent service from attentive staff. The lamb I had was delicious and cooked to my liking rather than the chef's! My husband's fish of the day was also excellent. Well done - a must if visiting Launceston.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Nicholas H, Owner at Novaro's Restaurant, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Lyndell,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review. We are pleased you enjoyed your meal.
Kind regards and best wishes,
Sarah and Nicholas Hooper

“Very nice but too much”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

4 of us visited for a quiet dinner the meals were great but huge,a couple had the duck which looked good but it looked like there was almost as much went back to the kitchen as came out. Apart from the large size of the meal the overall dining experience was delightful

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear Colinglenwood,
thank you for taking the time to review Novaro's Restaurant. We are glad you enjoyed your meal and if the only complaint was the meals were too large we must be doing something right! We strive to be a value for money establishment and would hate it if people went home hungry!
Many thanks again,
Victoria River, Australia
“THE place to visit in Launceston.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My partner and I enjoyed a wonderful experience at this restaurant last week. The food was perfection and the staff were friendly and extremely helpful, especially when unsure of what to order. We shared the scallops as a starter and wow what can I say, the best scallops I have ever eaten. I would come again to Novaro's purely for the scallops. This was then followed by a Lamb special and my partner had the gnocchi. Both dishes were superb, we have never tried crumbed gnoccni before and my word it was delicious. We finished with a chocolate pudding and a wonderful dessert wine, all of which made the night even more special. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone and a must to dine at:)

Launceston, Australia
“Ourstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Wow, what can I say, nothing bad that's for sure.
On a rare occassion my husband and I got the opportunity to go out for a meal on our own and we were lucky enough to get into Novaro's at the last minute.
Our scallops for Entree were the tastiest I have ever eaten and so many! We both had steak for main and it was delicious, it was also a great size which is often a rareity at most fine dining establisments.
Yes it was costly but we knew that before we went there and we certainly got quality and quantity to make it worthwhile. Yum, I recommend it to everyone. Can't wait to go back.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dear Amanda C,
Thank you for your review of our restaurant, we are pleased you enjoyed your evening and look forward to your next visit.
Kind Regards,
Sydney
“Mostly excellent, a small hiccup let it down”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

The first time we dined here we loved every dish, especially the panacotta and the entree special (some beautiful scallops), and even though I asked for my lamb medium and it was more medium rare, we liked it so much we booked to come back the next night! It was expensive, but the servings were very generous so it wasn't too bad.

The next night was less impressive. My husband ordered the same lamb dish, medium rare, but this time it came medium well. It was also presented a bit differently... maybe a different chef? My son ordered gnocchi, which was quite heavily fried and with a sage and butter sauce it ended up being very rich and not very well balanced. I enjoyed my spaghetti marinara very much though, and our entrees and deserts were up to the previous night's standards.

The service was very nice both nights, and we loved that it was in a beautiful old house, but with modern paintings. Shame about those couple of dishes though.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Hello,
Thank you for your review, we have taken measures to reduce the richness of our Gnocchi dish by serving the sage butter sauce on the side so our guests and help themselves. We appreciate your feedback and hope you enjoyed your holiday in Tasmania. We look forward to having your company in the restaurant again,
Many thanks and kind regards,