“Consistently good” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #20 of 248 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Entertaining clients, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Tasmania
“Consistently good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Have been a customer of this chinese restuarant for many years, it's like a good red wine only improves with age. Always need to make a reservation as it is very popular and can be fully booked especially late in the week.

An excellent choice of food available on the menu, good size serves, attentive service that is unobstrusive. Excellent drink and wine list.

Without doubt, the best chinese restuarant in Launceston.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Delicious delicious delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoy me wah and would go alt more often if it was more affordable. In saying that every time I go to any other Asian restaurant in Launceston I wish I just paid the extra. Keep up the good work Me Wah!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
brighton tas
“work dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

we had a work dinner the service and food were great would recommend it to all. the drinks menu was extensive as well love the moet

Visited March 2013
Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
“60th birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had my 60th birthday dinner with my family,it was such a success with the high level of service and delicious meals.I was amazed at the little time with so many of us that it took to get our meals.Absolutely recommend this resteraunt.Thankyou for a perfect night.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Launceston, Australia
“Delicious and a great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I came for dinner last Friday night with 2 friends and it has got to be the best Chinese food I have ever eaten - anywhere. Not only that the service and the atmosphere are elegant and combine to make an old world charm that seems to have disappeared elsewhere. I loved it and it makes for a special evening. The crispy skin duck was just the best thing I have ever tasted. Absolutely out of this world. We shared this and also the eggplant with chicken dish and this was mouth watering. The rice was perfect, and the green vegetable we had, not bok choy but some other type of vegetable, was so fresh and delicious we could have eaten two platesful easily. Oh we all had soup too. I had the hot and sour and it was divine. I took home the tiny bit I could not eat because the serving was so big, as I could not bear to waste it. The Chinese tea was absolutely fabulous quality. Heavens, I am spoiled now. Even Chinese food in Asia is not this good. THANK YOU!! I have been telling everyone. I think the modern trend is for the staff of a restaurant to act important and as though they are so busy and this and that etc. But in this restaurant the attention is entirely on you the patron, and making your entire experience memorable. This is a huge advantage for the Me Wah over many other dining places.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere