“First meal most enjoyable” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Seven Mile Beach Tasmania
“First meal most enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We were aware of one other restaurant in this precinct from a visit to Launceston some months ago. This visit was not scheduled & we decided to visit this precinct on the evening of 11 Sept 2013. My wife decided on the Levee Food Co restaurant while I parked the car. We had not booked. On entering we were greeted cheerfully & escorted to a corner table for two. A pleasant active atmosphere with couples, a teenage girl group escorted by instructors, a table of six mums of this group away from the happy well behaved teens. A pleasant view across the anchorage to the surrounding hills. Our young waitress attended us as we selected a wine & perused the menu.We noticed a few nice looking meals being served to surrounding diners... I have a habit of asking table staff of "any chef specials".. Upon checking she advised of "pea & ham soup". Being a cool night & having an appetite we promptly agreed to soup each. My wife selected "crispy skin salmon". I selected "twice cooked duck". Our selected wine arrived promptly along with a chilled bottle of plain water as we ordered. Well, a real large proper bowl of soup arrived for each of us with a good slice of sour dough bread. The soup was hearty traditional style - perfect as far as we were concerned. Not at all salty which some restaurants offer,. The Freycinet Louis white wine was enjoyable & fresh... A small wait which we appreciated before our mains arrived. My wife enjoyed the Salmon dish.
(i was privileged to a taste - wow.). My duck was absolutely beautiful. The accompanying flavors & foods on each of our dishes was spot-on....( I of course gave my wife a taste-again impressed). We sat for a while letting the meal settle enjoying the early evening. Desserts looked tempting.. my wife Lemon cheesecake & myself 3 scoops,-chocolate-mint choc chip-vanilla bean & I mean real scoops in a large bowl. We both enjoyed our serves followed by a standard for my wife & a large cappuccino for me, very nice coffee too. A great choice of restaurant. All staff attentive, not in your face very pleasant.The docket for our table reads 6:13:12 PM & posted 8:00:02 PM. Avery enjoyable evening. D.J.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Launceston, Australia
“disappointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've eaten here before and it's been really good, but today we went for an early Father's Day lunch and were very disappointed.
We paid for an hour and a half of parking just outside tge door and were served our meals 18 minutes before it ran out!
Dining with a three and seven year old, we ordered kids meals of a pizza and bowl of chips for them to share, fish and chips for me, and crispy skinned salmon for hubby. After waiting nearly an hour I took the boys to the toilet which is past the servery. on the way back I saw the salmon dish and pizza sitting there and assured impatient hubby that they would be on their way, a few minutes later he asked a waitress to check on our meals. There was a flurry of action over near the kitchrn and it seemed that something was wrong. She didn't come back and let us know how long it would be, just went about cleaning tables etc. About five minutes later we got our meals.
Pizza was mediocre, fish and chips were good, just good. Salmon was dry and overcooked. Very, very disappointing. I am sure it sat on the pass all that time waiting for the other meals to complete the order.
Overall, I think we'd have been better off walking out after waiting an hour like hubby wanted to, and heading to Macca's.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
launceston
“Left alot to be desired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Waited a long time to be seated even though the place wasn't busy. It seemed like the wait staff were more interested in talking to each other than to their customers. When the food came out (which also took a long time), the waitress didn't ask us if we wanted any more drinks and we had to go to the bar to get them - even though she was happily talking to other staff. Food was good, red curry was quite nice, but I felt like I was an inconvenience to the snobby waitress.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London
“Reliably consistent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been here a few times for lunch. Great menu, something for everyone. Yummy calamari and pizzas. Best on hot summers days to soak up the atmosphere.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Simple request”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Overall everything was fine. A levee burger was ordered with the addition of an egg which the lovely waitress took. Shortly after she returned and stated that the chef would not cook one. When settling the account we were further told that it would raise our expectations if we ever returned and it was busy and we asked for an egg and it could not be provided and further it makes a mess of the grill. We have travelled wide and far and visited many restaurants and have never been refused such a simple request. Unfortunately we will never return and will have no problem with relaying our experience with others. What a shame for such a simple request and a very silly childish response.

• Visited August 2013