“POOR STANDARD” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Launceston, Australia
“POOR STANDARD”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went to the Restauarant for Dinner on a Sunday night because we are locals, but it was the worst food we have every had there.
I do not know if it is a new chef, or new owners.
The food had no taste and the fried rice was straight out of a rice cooker with a few things put in it and they tried to tell me it was fried rice.
The service was good but we paid good momey for a poor stanard and we will not be going back I said to my husband we should have gone to the Me Wah we know that would have been a good standard as it always is.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Launceston, Tasmania, Australia
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Sensational slow cooked Pork....HongKong Duck cooked to perfection....Buk Bo Fan superb......its amazing I see negative comments about this Restaurant....Seems to me you know nothing about Food and Cooking....you're watching to many cooking shows on TV.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Good service, attentive staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at this restaurant with a healthy appetite. There were 4 of us seated at a small table and we wanted to share our dishes, so the staff brought a small side table to put our condiments etc on so the table space could hold all meals. The meals arrived promptly but at least two of the meals lacked flavour..... Not much curry taste in one, not a lot of satay flavour in the other but lots of chile. Also I thought the meals rather expensive $22 - $24 for a main. Not really my best Chinese dining experience.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Four of us went for dinner on a Saturday night at 7.30pm on our last night in Tasmania. There was one table with a woman and her teenage son and one couple as well as us in the restaurant, another group of four came in later. I am not an expert but I like Chinese food and I like to go to Chinese restaurants wherever I travel. I went to The Canton because it got decent reviews and was within walking distance of our hotel. I can accept ordinary food if it is cheap as I think that these two things go hand in hand. The food at this restaurant was ordinary but not cheap. The service was good but because the place was almost deserted the main courses came out too quickly and it was all over in an hour or so. Locals seem to enjoy this restaurant but as someone who eats a lot of Chinese and Asian food this was not a good experience and I would not recommend it.

Bundaberg Aust
“old world charm”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

My wife and I recently dined here on a quiet Monday evening in Launceston. Very few people there but the standard of the food was very good. The two young wait staff were very helpful and welcoming. It was a good safe standby and was attracted by the Trip Adviser sticker at the entrance, reasonably priced

• Visited February 2013