My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and from arrival to checkout our stay was worrying and significantly dissapointing. We had booked one of the larger deluxe rooms as we were staying for two days, however we were allocated one of the smallest rooms we have ever seen in a Hotel anywhere. In addition, everytime we tried to return to our room from our excursions, our room keycard would not work and we had to head back down to the reception to have our keycard re activated - this happened 7 times in all. We decided to have dinner in the restaurant on our last evening and made a reservation for 7.00 pm (a really reasonable time) and upon arrival in the restaurant we were advised that our table was not ready; this amazed us as their were only 4 tables occupied and no reserved signs on the vacant tables. We offered to go next door to the tram bar and have a pre dinner drink and they could ring and let us know when our table would be ready. 40 minutes later we were advised that our table was now ready and returned to the restaurant to find that their were only 3 tables occupied? Our meal was really dreadful and they forgot to bring half of it, including a salad that requires no cooking. Not long after we were seated a small party of hotel industry staff occupied the table next to us and began a very loud dialogue , the bottom line of which was that people from our home city in Victoria, Australia thought that they were the centre of the universe and better than anyone else and their comments basically carried on in that theme in a very obvious and highly offensive manner. We stuck it out for as long as we could as we had ordered dinner, but we felt very alarmed and surprised that such obviously hostile behaviour should be directed at us considering we had done nothing to warrant it and had been very patient with the hiccups with our stay and left as soon as we could. Upon check out we were dealt with very tersely and not a friendly word was uttered and we left feeling incredibly dissapointed that we had put our time and hard earned dollars in the direction of this hotel. Perhaps some hotels in more isolated locations feel they can escape being held accountable for their behaviour towards their guests once they have their money, but as any contemporary traveller knows only too well, the world is a much smaller place communication wise and travellers love to support good travel experiences for their fellow travellers and also very importantly assist them to avoid unnecessary worry, expense, rudeness and false advertisment in what may be a frighteningly dissapointing stay somewhere around the world. As mentioned by the hotel management, value is an individual perception, but shockingly bad customer service is as simple as black and white, once you have been on the receiving end of it. Australian standards for hospitality shoud be leading the world, however poor line management can filter down to the coalface and unfortunately the customer on accasions; I recomment the Mecure Head Office take a good hard look at the management of this state's hotels under their branding, in the hope that no one else ever has the experiences that so many of us have had with their establishments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston is conveniently located in the city centre, 15 minutes drive from the airport and 2 minutes walk from the main shopping precinct. The hotel features 116 rooms,FREE WiFi, a restaurant specializing in local produce and a cocktail bar. Nearby local attractions include the James Boag Brewery, Launceston Seaport and Cataract Gorge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Launceston Hotel Launceston
- Accor Launceston
- BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston Tasmania