“Average Fare since new owners” 3 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Earl Street, Launceston, Tasmania 7250, Australia (Formerly Mercure Launceston)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book Early & Save!
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Launceston
Hobart
“Average Fare since new owners”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times under the old Mercure name. Whilst Best Western have only had the property since August I think the standard has slipped. My room was comfortable and the big bed was fine, but the walls are a bit thin. The tea/coffee offering in the room was limited and there were no biscuits but a packet of chips and peanuts left on the bench - assume they were part of the mini bar. No movie channels either, and 30 mins free wifi then you have to pay. A hot breakfast was included in my $155 room cost. Honestly, you can do better than this in Launceston for less.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Leon W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear SunnygirlHobart

Thank you for taking the time to let the team here at Best Western Plus Launceston know about your stay with us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the ‘’comfortable big beds’’ we have at the Hotel and I am pleased to let you know that we are in the process of upgrading these beds next month.

I’m sorry to read that you could not find a movie to watch, as we have a choice of over 20 movies currently playing on demand, 10 Foxtel channels and all the free to air channels.

Thank you once again and I do hope to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Kind regards,

Leon Wood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I have stayed here under previous ownership and stayed not long after ownership changed. The service had definitely improved and whilst the service at the front desk continues to be great I found that breakfast had it's challenges.
Day 1 I saw no staff, had my breakfast and left without ever being asked my room number, no "Good morning" and nobody at the desk when I left.
Day 2 - nobody at the desk again and a tour group occupied most tables with just 4 free tables, 3 of which had not been cleared. A number of people came in shortly after me and had to ask for the table to be cleared. 2 staff were on the floor but working quite slowly and seemed to ignore guests unless called.
Hopefully this will improve again into the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Leon W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Sylviaei

Thank you for taking the time to let the team here at Best Western Plus Launceston know how much you enjoyed your stay and how the Hotel has improved.

Also please accept my sincere apologies as it is a disappointment that I read about your experience with breakfast service.

It is only through guests such as yourself that take the time to let us know about their experiences that we are able to take the positive steps towards meeting and exceeding our customers’ expectations.

Please be assured that we continuing retaining and I have spoken to the team to avoid this situation in future.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future

Kind regards,

Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. Had the breakfast included deal which was great. Hotel staff very helpful. Located just walking distance to the CBD.
Would recommend this hotel.
Spent a day at Cataract Gorge a must do. Just lovely.
Easy city to walk around.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Leon W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear doc2293.

Thank you for your feedback and choosing Best Western Plus Launceston as your choice of accommodation.

I was pleased to read that you have a great stay and that you found our location in the CBD convenient.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Kind Regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Booked for 2 nights with hubby & 11 mth old dtr. Twin room, plenty of room for our dtr's portacot to be set up. Room serviced nicely. Included buffet breakfast was good (although the bacon could have been crispier - minor complaint!) Room service had a varied menu but was exxy - $3 surcharge if order was <$30, personally that's a bit cheeky. Self-service Laundry facilities well priced at $3 wash or dry, laundry powder from reception only $1!! Good service from all staff encountered.... I think the boss was clearing plates at brekky one morning because it got so busy; brownie pts in my book!

• Stayed November 2013
Leon W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Catherine F

Thank you for your feedback and choosing Best Western Plus Launceston as your choice of accommodation,

I was pleased to read that you have a great stay and the staff looked after you.

Kind Regards

Queenstown, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

On arrival, it looked a bit disappointing, very dull, but once inside it was a pleasant surprise, the staff were all friendly and delivered good service. Have to agree though with other reviews, that a bit more info would have been a good thing, eg where dining room was, etc, as a guest I would be more inclined to go to the restaurant if I had been told a little about it, instead of going out to eat. We also weren't told that we would have to pay for parking on departure, it was all taken as if we knew everything, which is a put off.

The room were spotless, and had a good relaxing feel about it, with a comfortable bed and lots of pillows and blankets.

The breakfast was good, and plentiful., and the dining room staff were fantastic. Central location is awesome and within walking distance of CBD.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Leon W, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Lyall M

I was pleased that you found the Hotel facilities good, especially the breakfast and the Food and Beverage staff fantastic.

Most people find the location of the Hotel being centrally located to the CBD an added bonus when booking in Launceston.

Being new to the Hotel and from NZ one of my aims is to ensure that our team is offering consistent great service.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

We managed to get lost while visiting Launceston last week and didn't arrive at the hotel until about 7 p.m., tired and getting desperate. The young lady on reception was very accommodating and booked us in for 3 nights at a very reasonable rate. Rooms were good and everything was as it should be. Hotel is well situated, near shops, eateries and not far from tourist hot spots. We'd certainly return to this hotel should we return to Laaunceston.

Room Tip: Bring ear plugs. The church bells are loud in Launceston.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Leon W, Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear nlarsen

Thanks for taking time to write about your stay.

I was pleased that you found our location directly opposite the city centre convenient and our staff helpful and friendly.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Kind Regards
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Got this hotel on a lastminute.com.au secret hotel deal. Pleasant room and has everything you need from a hotel room. Nice extra touch with a Nespresso machine (no George Clooney included).

Requested a quiet room on a high floor, reading other reviews slightly concerned when I got a room facing the road but I had no issues and a it was a Saturday night in the city.

Had drinks in the tram bar - happy hour every evening and dinner in the restaurant. The lamb shank meal was amazing.

Would stay here again on next trip to Launceston.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear solo_girl_hants

Thank you for taking the time to write of your experience at our hotel.

I am happy to read that the team have provided you a comfortable and relaxing stay.

I hope that we have the chance to welcome you back to Best Western Plus Launceston in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Leon Wood

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston? Share your experiences!