“Room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3 Earl Street, Launceston, Tasmania 7250, Australia (Formerly Mercure Launceston)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Stay 2, Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Launceston
“Room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

Room/service was good. It bugs me that I have to fill in 200 charachters before this will be accepted, blah blah blah, am I up to 200 yet? obviously not yet zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

My wife and i enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back,in all aspects of the accomodation industry they tick all the boxes,the rooms were very clean and the receptionist was very professional.We dined in the restaurant,very well priced and enjoyable,our grandson even ate all his meal which does'nt happen too often.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We chose this hotel as it was very convenient to everything and thought we would upgrade to their Privilege package as we were here for 2 nights. We were promised extras such as bottled water, robes, slippers, gourmet teas and coffee. I also requested a room away from the lift - and yes our room was outside the lift. However this was changed when I contacted reception.

When I asked about the slippers I was sent one pair - obviously for both of us to share. We also had to share the one bottle of water too. I had to ask about the gourmet tea as there was only peppermint tea available.

The next day when our room was "cleaned" only the bed was done. Our towels which were left on the floor to be replaced were still there and wet so we had to ring for some more towels. We were then given 2 small towels to use.

I am not sure if this hotel is trying to economise but I thought it is quite normal to have a hand, bath and facewasher each. When I asked for a bath mat as the showers have been renovated and the water from the showers splash on the floors the man looked at me rather strangely.

When we went down for breakfast there was nobody there as it seems the only member of staff there also has to do room service! Its a good thing there weren't a lot of people there as he had to do everything.

On leaving I did fill out the request form to do an online survey about the hotel and handed it in to the reception desk but to this date I have not received anything. I was going to mention it to the receptionist but as there was already a family complaining bitterly about an incident the night before and a long line of people behind me I thought I would wait for the survey.

If you are looking for a hotel that is in good location and comfortable for overnight accomodation it is fine but if you want a few extra comforts you might need to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
MercureLauncestonGM, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston, responded to this review, June 14, 2011
Dear Sandy65Melbourne,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review following you recent visit to Mercure Launceston, I am sorry that the hotel and the service therein did not meet your expectations.

I would like to assure you that the hotel is not economising at the expense of our guests' experience and I am disappointed that you had to request several items that are placed as standard in our top floor Privilege Rooms. We are very aware of our environmental responsibilities in reducing our linen cleaning chemical usage, however towels left on the floor by our guests are to be re-placed by the Housekeeping, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused to you and your partner.

I appreciate your sharing your concerns and it is my hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future when you will once again be confident to recommend the hotel to your colleagues and friends.

If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me,

Best regards,

Paul Morton
Mercure Launceston
Hobart, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Well located hotel on quiet side street within 5 minutes walking distance to CBD. Hotel has had a makeover recently. Rooms are comfortable especially on levels 4 & 5. Dining room menus offer a good range of meals.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2011

Excellent all round quality. Great location, Excellent rooms with a very comfy bed. Great service. I wll definitely stay here again as I couldn't fault anythign about the hotel. The bar was a great palce for a noght cape, service was excellend in all departments.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston

Address: 3 Earl Street, Launceston, Tasmania 7250, Australia (Formerly Mercure Launceston)
Location: Australia > Tasmania > Launceston
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Wheelchair access
#5 Business Hotel in Launceston
#11 Luxury Hotel in Launceston
Hotel Class:4.5 star — BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston 4.5*
BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston is conveniently located in the city centre, 15 minutes drive from the airport and 2 minutes walk from the main shopping precinct. The hotel features 116 rooms,FREE WiFi, a restaurant specializing in local produce and a cocktail bar. Nearby local attractions include the James Boag Brewery, Launceston Seaport and Cataract Gorge. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Mercure Launceston Hotel Launceston
Accor Launceston
BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston Tasmania

If you own or manage BEST WESTERN PLUS Launceston, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.