“Service excels, food equals!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Café
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Launceston, Australia
“Service excels, food equals!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Being a local "drop in" cafe which is always busy shows that Cafe Culture is constantly surpassing itself with its service and food.
The menu changes seasonally, and you can have very light snacks or large meals, coffee, wines etc served by great staff.
They are knowledgeable, humorous and efficient. The front of house star is Matthew- always a smile and a cheery hello which is greatly appreciated and Chelsea and Lou are winners too.
Every effort is made to make your meal and experience enjoyable and relaxing. We 6 had a mixture of dishes including Caesar Salad, Pepper and Salt Calamari, toasted wraps followed by yummy desserts. Will be back again, again and again!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Melbourne, Australia
“The service was pathetic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner, ordered two large lattes, before ordering lunch, the coffees arrived after a long wait. They were served In a glass, with nothing to stop your fingers from burning. Asked for a serviette to put around the glass, and was told abruptly, their was one on my plate. After checking it was very small and less than paper thin, and of no use what so ever. We had asked for a double shot, but the coffee was weak and no way a double shot, we paid and left, with out dining. Will not return

Visited February 2014
“Fab!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had lunch with a friend here and the food and service were amazing. The fish was cooked perfectly and the service was so fast!

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Relaxed and delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

Had lunch here (we were hoping for all day breakfast but everywhere that has it gets pretty busy on Sundays!). I had a coffee which was one of the best I've ever had, the head waiter was very friendly and made us feel welcomed and wanted and he was efficient. I also had a bagel with smoked salmon and avocado it was delish ! My partner had the all day breakfast option and an iced chocolate and also enjoyed his. Lovely atmosphere and you can dine inside or outside, open Sundays. Just wish there was breakfast menu all day weekends :)

Grindelwald, Australia
“In a word.... YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is a great little cafe tucked away in the pretty suburb of Trevallyn. The choices for breakfast are excellent, everything from toast, pancakes, traditional eggs and bacon and the delicious Culture Hotpan. This was absolutely delicious and included baked eggs on a bed of pumpkin, lentils and natural yoghurt, all served in a small frying pan. My eggs Benedict were great, the hollandaise was one of the best I've tasted and they happily do bacon instead of ham. Big serves are accompanied by thick crusty sour dough toast.

The coffee was great, service attentive and all staff were extremely friendly. There is outside seating if the weather is fine and a car lark to the rear of the building. We can't wait to head back to try another selection, or even head back for lunch. The cakes and wraps behind the glass counter looked so delectable, I was mesmerised by the huge slabs of yumminess. It's clearly popular and although we didn't book and got a table immediately next time I'll call ahead for a reservation because I will be devastated if I miss out!

When you've finished eating, head into the gourmet supermarket next door. So many gastronomical delights, I had to be dragged out by my bloke after scanning every isle. I love Tasmania and it's food culture and this place is on the top of my list at the moment.

• Visited December 2013