“Yummy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 231 Restaurants in Launceston
Cuisines: Spanish, Tapas, Australian, Wine Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Salsa tapas wine bar is a great restaurant located at Seaport overlooking the Marina. Eat inside with multiple choices of seating from booths, couch areas, bar seating or traditional table seating or alfesco over looking the marina. At Salsa we adopt the Spanish way of eating, taking the time to enjoy many different flavours over a period of time with family and friends. We use quality, fresh ingredients sourced locally whenever possible and change some menu choices seasonally.Enjoy the experience in our relaxed restaurant where we always strive for great food and service.
Coffs Harbour, Australia
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Lovely Tasmaian wiine and it was so good to be able to eat a variety of well cooked small dishes to share, great service. We spent a very pleasant couple of hours here, with a great view of the Marina and even went back for great coffee the next morning

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sally W, Owner at Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Lovely to hear you enjoyed your time at Salsa, it is a great spot and we do strive to please our customers. Thanks for coming and returning for our great coffee. We appreciate you taking the time to review and hope to see you again sometime.

Brunswick Heads, Australia
“Tastes like Tassie!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

There is nothing like sharing a plate of tapas with a friend while enjoying views of the marina and a humming Sunday brunch crowd. We shared the load of six items from the $4 menu with the seafood opening with two trimmed scallops in shell topped by microgreens and a pancetta chip floating on a cauliflower puree and a shared seared salmon stick with aoli.
It was immediately followed it up with the lamb and fetta sausage roll with crispy pastry on a delicious relish bed, a kebab of chicken wrapped pancetta with a drizzle of creamy sauce, the pumpkin and feta rice ball floating in it's own dipping bowl of aoli, and a croquette of leek and gruyere cheese oozing its warming goodness. We followed it up with a selection from the $3 menu - the Sandy Bay Mussel baked in its half-shell with a corn mix under a fine crumbed crust, and the only cold dish of the day – a grilled eggplant and capsicum terrine with herbed cream cheese filling. The only item not fully matching the description was the mussel - with a lack of chorizo amongst the sweet corn kernels, though it still had great taste and texture contrast with the polenta crust.
All ingredients fresh and light and delivered with attentive service in a modern setting that offers seating from al fresco café on the deck to indoor table dining, bar stools or lounge.

Items from the $3/piece menu:
Grilled eggplant rolled with cream cheese, capsicum & semi dried tomato (v-gf)
Spring Bay Mussel bound with corn & chorizo, Served in their shell & coated with a polenta crust.
Items from the $4/piece menu: Pumpkin & Feta Arancini with garlic aioli (v);
Croquette fried soft centered filled with leek & gruyere (v); Chicken stick wrapped in pancetta (gf) served with smoked paprika aioli; Salmon stick with citrus aioli Cubes of salmon marinated in lemon & dill; Lamb & Feta Sausage Roll With tomato & capsicum relish; Tasmanian Scallop Served in their shell (gf) on cauliflower puree with a pancetta shard.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
How lovely of you to take such special time to write a review on Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe. You obviously know your food with the detailed review you wrote and we sincerely appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Salsa at Seaport is a special place with a great view and our team work together to try and always please our guests and we are really happy you enjoyed your experience with us.
I have noted your comment on our mussel tapa and whilst our menu is changing this week and this item being replaced, it is always great to know your feedback for future reference.
We hope to see you again at Salsa!
Cornwall
“Early evening tapas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited with family. Good food in a lovely location. Very child friendly and the staff were very attentive. Thank you.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sally W, Owner at Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
We appreciate the time taken to write a review on Salsa and we are pleased you enjoyed your experience with us. All the staff at Salsa work as a team with the aim to please our guests and it is encouraging for everyone to hear your feed back. Thank you again and we hope to see you again at Salsa.
Melbourne, Australia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Had breakfast here on a recent trip to Launceston. View were great, however was a little disappointed with the berry muesli with ricotta and the attitude of the manager. When my partner tasted it the ricotta was clearly off. I tasted it, just to make sure and agreed! When I raised the issue with the manager, her initial reaction was that we were clearly wrong and this was what ricotta tasted like. Didn't offer to check the meal, provide a fresh one, or take it off the bill.

Sally W, Owner at Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
I am really sorry to read your review. It was myself that actually spoke with you when you came to pay your bill and advised me of your concern with the ricotta. I did ask if you had spoken with any of my staff prior so that we could have replaced your meal and you said no. I immediately went to the kitchen and had the ricotta inspected and tasted by two of my chef's plus myself and we all agreed that it was fresh which was also dated accordingly and came back and discussed with you. I'm sorry this was not to your satisfaction. I also made a particular point of asking all our other customers that morning that had had the Berry Muesli (with ricotta) and the response was they had thoroughly enjoyed it and the dishes were returned empty.
Here again I'm sorry for your disappointment as I believed we had resolved the problem on the day. Please let me know if you wish to discuss any further as we really don't want unhappy customers.
Launceston, Australia
“Food Great Service None”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I went to Salsa for some pre dinner drinks & of course some tapas. The food was great but the service needed alot of improvement. Two staff front of house and we were sitting inside on the couches between 5pm & 7pm and we had to get their attention for every drink we had during this time and their was only three other tables occupied at the time. Also during this time another staff member started work and that didn't improve the service either. Gee I wonder why they are advertising on local radio.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sally W, Owner at Salsa Tapas Wine Bar Cafe, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
We are disappointed to hear you did not receive the service you expected or should have received at Salsa. Unfortunately as I'm not sure when it was you were here I'm unable to address with the appropriate staff however I will follow through as best I can as we should be always striving for the best. Thank you for letting us know your thoughts.