“Wrong photo” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Wrong photo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

After reading previous reports , pity there isn't a comment option on these complaints . 1 the main photo does not belong to Suwan so how did it get there . 2 the red curry seafood ( hor mok ) is supposed to be curdled . That's how it is made . Not your typical curry but yummo . The lady was extremely drunk from what other diners have told me . 3 there is Thai chefs . 4 I enjoyed my meal very much and look forward to returning

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

launceston
“Nice food, good enough service, but felt a little squashed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Went out with wife and 1 of the kids. Service was ok, not overly attentive but wasn't looking for anything glamorous. Fish cakes were a bit rubbery, but curries were really nice.Overall it was good value for money. My only real criticism was that I felt that I was cramped up next to a couple of tables and that we could hear conversations from other tables (who were not speaking loud at all). I don't want to have to whisper when I go out for dinner so others can't hear what I am saying - maybe turning the music up a little might have helped with that.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne
“Okay but no wow factor”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went here as a group of four after work. Service was good, friendly helpful staff and while food was okay there was no wow factor.

I asked which dishes were spicy. As I eat a bit of Thai food, both here and in various regions of Thailand I realise no one dish will always be the same and even 'authentic' Thai food can vary. I choose a dish I hadn't had before rather than my old favourites.

The entree, curry puffs were nice but lacked the depth of flavour I am used to. When I ordered my main spicy the waiter came back and said the chef wanted if I wanted medium or Thai spicy/hot. Without hesitation I responded Thai spicy hot. The waiter said are you sure and I confirmed Thai spicy hot.

When the dish arrived it was spicy but certainly not Thai spicy hot. I'd say closer to medium. At the end of the meal the waiter asked if it was spicy enough and when I said no, he said the chef sometimes gets a little scared when people asked for Thai spicy.

I'm sorry, if a customer asks twice for Thai spicy hot give them what they have asked for, don't judge how hot they want it. If they can't cope with it that is their problem particularly if they have have been warned how spicy the food is and perhaps next time they will ask for mild or medium if they can't cope with true Thai spicy/hot.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Launceston, Australia
“DO NOT GO HERE!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

The worst experience ever!! We ordered several dishes. All were good bar one. When the night was over and it came to pay we told the waiters that the food was good bar that one dish. (Red curry seafood). It was curdled and unedible. They offered to not charge us for rice. I disagreed due to the fact that everything was ok but that one meal not the rice! The staff then said that they would have to call the owner as we did not agree with them about not taking that meal off our bill. The manager called down and said we had to pay. I mentioned that the meal was ok but that one dish was terrible. He refused to budge and wanted to charge us for it. We refused. The owner called the police!!! The police were just as shocked as us!! We were happy to pay for everything else just not that one meal!! We ended up paying for it all but will never go back again and will tell EVERYONE about our experience. How unprofessional and over the top. I have worked in hospitality myself and have never experienced such unprofessionalism. The service was very average and there was only one other couple in the restaraunt. With such a small clientele you would think they would be more accommodating when food is unedible. I would be surprised if this restaurant is still operating in a year. Do yourself a favour. There are two other great Thai restaurants in launceston. Visit either of these

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Launceston, Australia
“Regular client; consistent product”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Takeaway food and options are fantastic - we order regularly and quality is consistently great. TA menu is huge; haven't dined-in for nearly 4 years so cannot comment on that, but the staff and service for TA is very good.

Visited March 2013